New updates about my system/car! (and a question)

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 208
Well, just got my 4 pioneer 3 ways installed today... Let me tell you, they are a great quality speaker for the $10 apeice I got them for. The sound is crisp and clear. I am just powering them by a pioneer premier 470 HU with 22wrms to a 35wrms speaker but they get as loud as I want them to (and much louder) without being distorted. 5 stars to pioneer for a cheap, quality product. Second off, after consulting audio experts they thought that since I am on a tight budget and am only looking for little things that make big improvements, they said I should probably stick with my 2 sony xplod's. They said that there isn't going to be a big difference going to a C12 or CVR12 considering I am only giving 175 watts rms to each sub. They hurt my ears too and shake the car like crazy, and sound decent, on key, and musical etc. (They are the old, circular subs, not the 5 sided). My subs blow the 5 sided out of the water.
Now the question unrelated to car audio-
I have a 2.0L automatic 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer. I realize this IS an economy car but it has decent pickup for such a small engine. Anyway, I was looking to add fairly cheap performance/look parts to it. I was thinking for $150 dollars to stick the factory spoiler on (mine didn't come with it). I was also thinking of changing to decent hub caps (not enough $ for rims). On the performance side I am looking at a cheap, $40 dollar cold air intake on ebay as well as a Redline performance chip (99.9% ebay rating as well as money back guarantee). How well would those 2 performance parts do on my car? Opinions, comments, etc. are welcome on any part of this post! Thanks!

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 210
^wow i ramble^ :/

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 357
at most those performance parts will add around 7-15 horsepower...get you an aftermarket exhaust thats another 7 hp

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 244
cold air intake around 15 too..

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 212
will i notice a difference? Oh, and ya I forgot I might get an exhaust. But is there any exhaust that isnt a farty exhaust? More like a quieter one or deeper? I hate those farty things.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4282
With a 4 cylinder, you really aren't going to see anything substantial until you start putting boost on it. You'll get a little seat of the pants improvement, but nothing that will sling you in the seat or anything. Me personally, I'd stick with intake and exhaust only since it will improve gas mileage in the process. Chips work well, but they work by altering timing and fuel tables, are are generally designed to operate with premium fuel only due to the alteration in timing advance. If not, spark knock will usually occur, and with premium costing so much, not so sure you're going to like the minor gains off of that one.

Guttt
Unregistered guest
15 on a CAI?? do you seriously believe that a cheap CAI on ebay will give you that....you'd be lucky to get 5-7 horses out of a AEM...i dont care how much they say you will get.

Guttt
Unregistered guest
15 on a CAI?? do you seriously believe that a cheap CAI on ebay will give you that....you'd be lucky to get 5-7 horses out of a AEM...i dont care how much they say you will get.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 213
any quieter exhaust? (mufflers) I dont want the loud annoying stuff.

Guttt
Unregistered guest
ummm for a lancer??? hmmmm you could go Borla....it depends....look into it....alot of companies make a ton of different sounding exhausts....you would just have to look and listen....try d/l some sound clips off the net

Bronze Member
Username: Shawnomak

HB, SK Canada

Post Number: 90
hey..... blue bottles :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 367
lol....he said inexpensive :-)

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 245
aem will get 15.. sorry guttt <-- your incorrect.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4283
Borlas aren't too bad for 4 cyls, but they aren't cheap. Really, factory stuff isn't that bad for flow characteristics. The header and catalytic converter are to blame most for flow restriction, the muffler isn't as much of a problem. Most people just put f@rt cannons on their car for the sole purpose of making their car sound annoying. Go to www.exhaustsoundclips.com has a lot of exhaust samples

Silver Member

Post Number: 374
sh!t ive got a "f@rt cannon" on my eclipse and a intake filter ill take any stock 95-99 eclipse....as long as its an automatic like mine lol :-(

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 494
cold air intakes arent really cold air intakes.. i still bought one though to dress up the engine.. the engine bay gets hot metal conducts heat well .. so if anything itl improve flow ..it works good when i first start it up though!

Guttt
Unregistered guest
I'll give AEM 10 at max with nothing else done to the car....dyno your car and test it....my cousin bought one for his SRT-4....not that big of improvement untill he bought a wastegate and blowoff valve

Guttt
Unregistered guest
I'll give AEM 10 at max with nothing else done to the car....dyno your car and test it....my cousin bought one for his SRT-4....not that big of improvement untill he bought a wastegate and blowoff valve

Anonymous

ugghhhh it pisses me off when people buy a lancer and dont put in the extra money to get the evo.. or save the money and go stick

well heres what u should have done.. bought the evo.. skip the stereo.. take out the 4 cylinder and put in a 6

then put a mitsubishi turbo kit in it for about 400$

then go street race,..... win money for ur system
thats what i did

then waste ur money on sony...hahahhha

Anonymous

but if u want some extra speed.. go for a new chip and set up ur wheel differential to get the tires spinning better--- pep boys can do it for u

but chips are ur best bet-- will also give u better gas.. but u only have a 4 cylinder so u should only race like golf carts

Bronze Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Ctown, -high-

Post Number: 57
lol anonymous i did the same thing to my evo but i bought the system with earned money not illegal street racing

chris i have found that with lancer's especially urs that ur best bet would be to go with a new air intake-- go ocld air intake and get one fit for ur car-- should run a bout 200$$ which is very cheap considering mine cost me about 2000$ for the evo VII TME version

that intake hsould give ur car easily like 30 hp

also alignment kits help out a lot for acceleration so look into those for like 30$

ALSo if u go with an exhaust DONT BUY BORLA- THEY ARE CHEAPLY MADE
-BUY A DC they are a much moe reliable compan yand makes a much better product that would be compatible with your car and would be quieter than borla-- who thinks that their product will work if it is loud-- but it doesnt

good luck

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 80
if you don't want the weird noises try "straight piping" and get an aftermarket exhaust. You will get a much deeper tone nothing like the mosquitos you see zipping around.

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 81
this will make your card pretty damn loud, but a dope sound.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 215
legacyaudio, what is the difference between a $200 CAI or a $50 CAI on ebay? They are constructed the same, just they don't have a name on the stuff. Oh, and anonymous, I got the car for $4500 used, perfectly good condition, 75k miles. This is my first car, give me a break.

Bronze Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Post Number: 59
the difference is that ur buying on ebay-- and u dont have the reliability of a well known company-- knowing the company is very good with their products is basically own opinion-- i would buy brand name becasuei know the warrany is there and it will perform better than its statistics-- u also have to look at y that product is sold for 200$ but downpriced to 50$

i was giving a CAI made by AEM which is a very good company that underprices their products to help out the consumer--yes a company that thinks consumer first-- they are very good with details and will help u install it if necessary over the phone or in person if ur by their stores

i mean its own opinion it depends what u want out of the car-- i can guarentee u that the CAI on ebay says it gives 35 hp but will only put out like 10 where as AEm says it puts out 35hp and will give u about 40

Guttt
Unregistered guest
WTF are you talking about 35 HP from a CAI....you have no fuccking clue what you are talking about....so a super charger or turbo would give you 700 hp right??? my god...learn what you are tlaking about before you talk....god....this thread is making me sick.....oh by the way....nice name....legacy audio....lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us