Tried rewiring subs >> big car problems

Silver Member
Username: Nysteelers

Post Number: 113
ok i had my subs and amp professionally installed a while back 4 ohm DVC, so i tried to rewire them to 1 ohm, and my amp is 1 ohm stable. so i did it and turned on the car and nothing works?? no electricity nothing, car wont even make a noise when i turn the key?? what happened?? Do i need to simply connect my battery to another cars

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 133
charge your battery, then drive to the store and get a new one

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 721
tighten down your clamp on your positive battery

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
i never touched the battery so i dont think i need to tighten the clamp, it worked fine before. i was gunna jump start it when my dad got home, but i need to buy a new battery?

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 387
or clean your terminals

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
yea the terminals look pretty dirty, do you think a new battery would be neccessary?

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
and what caused the battery to lose all its juice? i was re-wireing the subs to 1 ohm. i never got to turn the car on

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 388
try cleaning the terminals, and then like juston said, charge your battery. it seems odd that it would just die with no crank at all though, unless you drained ALL the juice out of the battery while you were unaware. i would address these simple possibilities and then start to be concerned.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
ok yea.. ill post in about an hour or so and tell ya how it went

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 391
cool

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
i have another quick question.. when i was rewireing, should i have unhooked the battery? and now when i turn the key should i hear the car at least attempting to start? b/c it makes no noise at all

Bronze Member
Username: Hemiboy

Post Number: 74
Maybe you had the interior light on or something and drained it. Ive done that.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 392
that is what leads me to believe that your terminals are just dirty, and not allowing current to your car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
yea i was thinking at also.. but if my battery was drained, and i turned the key wouldnt i hear something, maybe the starter.. or not neccesarily? im just hoping this isnt somehting serious

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
ok i tried jumping the car with my father, but no success... nothing.. its like the car is dead... what the heII happened??

nickspl
Unregistered guest
diconnect your subs and amp and recharge your battery again and see if it works

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 838
I don't see how rewiring the sub would affect your battery but just curious are you wiring in stereo or mono bridged? It may be stable to 1 ohm in stereo but not bridged mono. "when bridging the amplifier will see half the actual load" but i just don't see how it would effect the car if it wasn't even on. Was it working fine before you made the change? It just doesn't make sense.

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
yea im really confused about this also.. shes going into the shop tomorrow, i just hope its not alot

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 378
chekc the fuses (especially the ones under the hood)..idk how but i somehow blew a fuse in my car and the thing was reving up and down like crazy then it would shut off and it turned out to be a blown fuse

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
ohhh alright... its going into the shop tomorrow morning.. i hope its not expensive

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
alright.. got the car back today, they sed that the battery was completely drained and somehow got damaged, so i needed a new battery, thanks for the help guys

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3180
Did you watch them test it or are they screwing you? It sounds to me like you did have a fully dead battery though, since you said you had no power at all. Even if you have really dirty terminals, or the battery was drained low, you still have juice runnin. The dirty terminals make a bad connection, and the voltage will be lower, but you will still have some power running. You wouldn't be able to start the car, but lights and stuff should definitely work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
i dont think hes screwing us, b/c my dad has know the guy for a while.. but im jus happy it was only 100 dollars

bigyellowtaxi
Unregistered guest
WTF? it was 100 dollars just to see whats wrong with it. you got ipped off.
but if it was with the batery included then that's right.

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
nahh 100 for the battery too lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us