RE XXX 12 / Questions / Glasswolf or anyone who owns one

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1589
Im interested in the XXX 12 but dont know what to expect out of it other then excelleant SQL and what you all have been saying about it. I whould power it off my CrossFire VR1000D which puts out 1332 rms. I wanna go ported at whatever RE recommends for SQL. Will this be a good setup running it off this amp and how does this sub compare to other subs in its class like W7, Avalanche, and so on....

How is the build quality also and how much ? Thanks

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1590
I read on the other posts that the SX is more spl oriented then the XXX which whould mean the XXX is better designed for SQ and SQL purposes. So the SX gets louder huh ? How does the SX compare to the Avalanche 15 ? anyone know... Looking for SPL with the ability to have SQ while doing it mainly. Whats the best choice out of these.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 526
I own an X.X.X. From what I understand, the SX is SPL oriented as opposed to the SE. The SX has the SPL of around the X.X.X, but much less SQ.
Couldn't tell you how it compares to some of the other subs as I've never run any of them personally. I love my X.X.X. I'm running it sealed w/ 1700W (Orion 2500d) and it's loud as hell, I could imagine it ported.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 382
the motor assembly on the xxx is obviously the xbl2. these are some rather intriguing links that describes it.
http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/XBL2TechPaper.pdf
http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/XBL2DetailsPaper.pdf
the construction of the xxx is great. i have not been as intimate with it as my brahmas, but i know that they are both built extremely solid with integrity to match their excursion capabilities and all out performance.
I personally like the xxx better than the w7, but that is an extremely subjective comparison. the sound of both drivers is going to be altered depending on the install/enclosure. but, yes, that amp would be perfect.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1591
Thanks for the input guys, im just trying to decide if i should get the SX and go ported with it according to RE specs and run it off my Crossfire or just stick with my 2 JL 12w6v2's that i have in the prowedge sealed jl box or go ported off the same amp.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 385
how do you like your w6's?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1593
THey sound great but ive only heard them with my old ppi pcx 2200 amplifier that was 800 x 1 @ 4 ohms bridged class a/b. Havent heard them with my new CrossFire VR1000d. I sold my PPI amp a while ago because i wanted more power.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 395
i ask because that w6v2 was my premier choice when i was auditioning subs prior to my considering internet products. i like the xxx over the sx. actually, i like the xxx over everything but the brahma.
i don't think you can go wrong with either, but i personally think i would stick with the jl's over just one sx. just me. i'm a true fan of the v2's. i would never buy them now b/c they are relatively overpriced, but you already own a pair, so that's not a consideration.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1595
I also own a Avalanche 15 but havent heard it yet. How does it compare to the Brahma. I heard a few people dumping the Brahma for the Avalanche 15. ?

I think im gonna go with my 2 jl 12w6v2's. But i have them in a sealed prowedge jl box but im thinking of putting them in a ported box. Do you know the differance going from sealed to ported with the v2's ?

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 396
i planned on running them sealed. and honestly, until a few posts on this site, i had never heard of running them ported. output will certainly increase, but with regards to the effect on the heavenly response, and accuracy, i'm not certain.

i would listen to them with the new amp and then make my decision.
interested in what you finally decide though.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1597
I believe that is what i plan on doing. I will listen to them with the New amp and then determine i wanna go ported. I also have that Avalanche 15 which i will go sealed at 2.5 cu ft. I hear its just as good as the Brahma if not better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us