New speakers for my Yota =)

Username: Jenna2

Fairbanks, AK USA

Post Number: 2
I just bought a 2000 Camry that can accomodate 6.5's in the front and 6.5's/6x9's in the rear. What do I do?! My last car had Pioneer speakers that did fine with everything but bass. I absolutely NEED my speakers to deliver a decent amount of bass. There is nothing on this planet that irks me more than having my driving experience interrupted by the sound of speakers bottoming-out, forcing my to turn down my volume and adjust my lows. =)

Please help! What brand/wattage do I want and should I get low profiles for my doors?--Crutchfield says that normal 6.5's will work. Do I want 3-ways in the back/front/or both? Also, should I get an amp for my speakers if I have a Pioneer 50x4 deck? Any input will be soooo appreciated...

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 490
ideally u will probably want 2 or 3 way components up front .. and a midbass driver if anything in the back.. jon or glasswolf can probably help the best here

Fairbanks, AK USA

Post Number: 3
OH--also, should I use 6.5's or 6x9's? I've heard a lot of smack-talking about 6x9's...

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 620
How much do you have to spend? Have you thought about getting a subwoofer?

Fairbanks, AK USA

Post Number: 5
Yes, I'll have subs, but I want my speakers to handle lows decently. I used to have a Pioneer system -- which was fine, but the speakers didn't handle mids or lows very well, so I always felt like I was going to destroy them if the volume was very loud. I want something that will make metal/alternative sound good. Hip hop is easy to accomodate with a half-a$$ed system, but... I need something that will make guitars sound clear/precise...

I wouldn't mind spending $120 on a set of decent speakers (I would like to get them on eBay or somewhere similar at a discount price)... I don't need anything that's audio showcar material... just something that works well for everyday driving... =)

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 365
those infinity kappa and alpine type r components sound pretty good for the price on ebay

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 627
If you get components, you'll need an amp, and that would be more cash. If you want some nice coaxials, look into the Infinity Kappas, you can pick them up for under a $100 on ebay.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us