12" or 15" avalanche? Opinions please.......

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 115
hey all, I need some help deciding on what size i should buy and if i should go ported or not. I listen to mostly modern rock with some metal and electrnoica thrown in for good measure.stuff likeaudioslave,godsmack,trance,korn,tool,perfectcircle,slayer,GWAR,rammstein,lor ena mckennit, Sarah McLachlan etc. Accuracy and sound quality is very important but it has to be able to play very low and get that "kicked in the chest/hard to breath, OMG I can feel the air vibrating when i turn it up" feeling too. I know some of you were talking about motor strength being more critical then actual cone diameter.So what should i get? I will be feeding it 750-900 watts rms. All opinions welcome , thank you

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 343
well personally i would get the 15" but it doesnt matter because your not getting no avalanche...they sold out a while back so idk were you getting one from

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2597
He could order a new one... there not just going to quit making the Avalanch you know.:-) lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
yea but i dont think that theyve made the new ones yet and the price is probably going to go back up

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
Lets just say I can get them new, and right now. What would you guys recommend for my listening tastes, 12" or 15" and sealed or ported? thank you

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 383
personally, i think that 12" offers more flexibility with regard to listening tastes. they can get very loud and still remain relatively accurate (also typically a good balance between moving mass and capable low end output). that is why it has more or less become the standard in caraudio. both of best worlds, so to speak. i won't go any higher or lower than 12". that's just my personal take though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 350
looking at your choice in music i would buy the 12" because that will give you punchier more responsive bass...if you were to listen to rap then get the 15" because itll be louder and deeper

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
thanks guys, :-) , i appreciate the opinions..... I will probably get the 12" avalanche now. I called chad up at AA on saturday and he happened to be there working on thier theatre and i aske dif they had any left.It turns out that they do...they had put aside a small amount of each one to make sure there wasnt any problems with any DOA's. So they have a few left and i am getting mine now yay. thanks everyone

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 393
almost wish i hadn't spent the grip i did on my brahmas, lol. congrats man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
thanks mike :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
damn you lucky enjoy that sub when you get it a friend of mines got it its real nice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us