GLASSS!!!! I'll be keeping this thread alive for a while lol, so experts its time to shine lol

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4413
well guys, as you know i have been gone, and while i have been gone i have accumulated alot of car audio. as you cant ell if you click on my name. Well i have also decided to just give up and go all out spl lol. So ive come up with a few ideas, i would like some help from you guys, or just if you think it will get loud or i could do better with the same money. Well i have decided to sell the Ti, my w7, my 1000/1 and all my high end stuff, or anything else i can, my friend is selling it all and im putting it on ebay as well. hopefully. lol

But i can come up with a little over 2 grand from what i have. so this is my ideas. Since i already have 2 hifonics Bx1500d amps, im going to buy 2 more, i can get them for 200 bucks each at www.ikesound.com. so thats 400 bucks gone.
So first off here is my first problem. i want to run 2 hifonics amps to each of the subs im going to get. Guys remember i have a neon (small trunk) so i need to figure out, i need opinions, i can do maybe MAYBE 1 18, 1 15, 1 12, 1 10, or 2 12's or 2 10's, if i used just 1 of a sub i would put all 4 amps onto one sub. and if i get two i would put 2 onto each, so my first question is would i get better results from 2 12s with 3000 watts rms or from 1 12 with 6000 watts rms, but hoenstly, i would prefer to get 2 10's, hell save up and get a 3rd with 2 more hifonics lol. but by the way, anyone know the pricing on all the RE MT's this year, since those are the subs im going to be getting. so lets say they are 500 each shipped, thats cool i guess. lol. but whats please tell me what your opinion is on what amount of subs to get with how many amps on each, BUT i want to run all the amps at 1 ohm. SOOOO also what voice coil and ohm configuration with each as well since RE lets you customize. SO please give me best options for pure spl. Next off is this. Im OBVIOSLy going to be running into charging system problems with this, now i need to know what is the minimum wiring, alternator/battery combos capacitors i should be doing, thank you very much, there are alot more questions as well. also what would be the BEST BOX i canbuild for alllll out spl for the sub(s) you chose to get pure spl BUT let it play musicaly because i dont want like a 46 tuned box that doesnt play 28 hrtz notes.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4418
also, anyone know a fair price for some of the stuff im selling

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 474
Is your JL 500/1 used?

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4422
yes it is sorry

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 167
What size W7?

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 707
il buy ya ti for 30 bux lmao...man if i had money id buy ya ti

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4424
haha compuluva, if you bought i would deliver it by hand lol. but dave its a 12 w7.

ok guys some things i have been going over in my head first off, is lets say i get a 15 inch mt, with the 4 amps. QVC 1 ohm each. alright. now here is my delima, say i wire one amp to each voice coil and each coil would be getting approximently the same wattage. my question is, what if one amp puts out 1450 watts rms at 1 ohm and another puts out 1550 watts rms at 1 ohm, i mean how do you know each coil is getting the same amount, if they arent is this going to hurt the sub, same question if i put 2 on one sub, i jsut dont understand?

next, i have been thinking about charging systems for it. say i get 2 10s with 2 amps on each(this is what im leaning towards depending on what you say) could i get a 150 amp alt, thats the biggest i can find for my car, and run 1 yellow top battery for each subs amps (2), or maybe 1 yellow top for each amp (4), could my car handle this, by the way, i just ordered my first yellow top, so thats a starton this and im ready to order the other amps as soon as i find out what to buy, guys i need opinions please

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
Subfanatic,

I sent you an email, check it out.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4432
i already hit ya back, but i forgot, my sn name is nushaganazad

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos15th

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 85
Sub how much you want for the 1300hct and what model head units are the pioneer

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4434
250 for the 1300hct, im not sure models, ill have pics soon, but im not going to do this unless its ebay to let everyone know.

Bronze Member

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 86
D@am i would of bought the 1300 hct and some other stuff from you but i dont have an ebay account.`

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4442
haha get your mom to get one

Bronze Member

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 89
My moms dead

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4443
im sorry, i didnt know

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4447
but guys, back to the questions, anyone have any opinions on it

Bronze Member
Username: Hardhittinbass

Pittsburgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 30
hey sub i thought u was gonin with 4 hifonics 1500s an 1 re mt qvc coils in a ported box

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4448
im not sure thats what this thread is on

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 899
hey sub isnt that a bit much power for a 15" MT for daily...or is this for comps?

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
sub, your new system is gonna kick serious butt!

(dont forget the earplugs!)

BBrock

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4449
haha, thanks brock, but apocalypse, its for daily driving, it think its fine, but i highly doubt im going to go with 1 15, ill probly go with 2 10's on this one, but noonoe is giving suggestions on what to do

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
well sub, what kind of car do u have? how much space can u give up?

no matter what size MT u go with, it will be loud as sh*t! a 10 will have more punch and 15 will have more depth.

go with 1 15 imo. i recall glass stating that 1 12 at comps adquately powered and set up properly has done more damage than multiple 15's.

And we all know that you know what you're doing. So, imagine what 1 15 would do if you set it up?

either way bro, EXCELLENT Choice!

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4451
well the thing is, i have a neon, i have easily put multiple 10's and 12's in it before, but when i got my 15 ti, it was one of my frist 15s i expirimented with in my car, and i cant get it in there that well cause of only like 16 inches of height in it. so im thinking 2 12's with 3000 watts rms will be louder than 1 15 with 6000 watts rms im not sure though. also im not sure wat would be better 2 12s or 2 10s, of course this is all properly done. after i decide on this i need to decide on my battery setup. I need to know if a 150 amp H.O. alt would run my regular battery and 2 yellow tops in the trunk, or maybe even 4 for daily driving, (one per sub, or one per amp) not sure of what i should do yet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
if you're runnin 6k W wrms, you might as well be read for a 300 Amp alt.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4454
but they dont make a 300 amp alt for my car, tahts the problem, i need to know where to find one, or maybe find a way to 5 2 150's or somen

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
how much for the jl 1000.1

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4457
somthingredicolousihavetomakeup, im asking 600 for it. i have pics of it

water
Unregistered guest
how m amny 15 inch tis?

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4458

Bronze Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 50
How much for the JL 500/1?

Username: Seth_walker

U.S.A.

Post Number: 1
The 15" MT's are priced at $486, and the 18's are $526, so you're probably looking at $425-450 for the 12's. If it was me I'd go with 2 12's. They'll have plenty of spl and in the right box have good sq.

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
let me know if your going to lower the price at all or are willing to trade for something. thanks

Username: Seth_walker

U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
correction. the 15's are $499+$30 s&h. the 18's are $599+$30 s&h.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4461
something, for you, if you have somen to offer, ill do like 500 and somen you have for somen

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3175
Woah woah woah, Sub, what the heck are you planning on doing? I don't feel like reading through the thread completely. (And where the heck do you keep getting all this stuff from anways??)

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 900
hey subfanatic by the way its basslova i just changed my thing...but if i were you i'd go with the 12's for

1.Mt's dont need more than 3k for daily,
2. 1 12 has 480sd and a 15 has 810of sd so if you get 2 12's you'll have considerably louder:-)...and
3. 2 subs look cooler than 1..lol

downside is more weight..less space...more power needed=more money..

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 902
oh yea and BTW..1 15" MT with 3krms will be loud enough for anybody

KYStatePoPo's
Unregistered guest
Can I see some of those seriel numbers son?

KYStatePoPo's
Unregistered guest
Here you can send them here just make it to Officer Richard F. Head. http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/

nicksq
Unregistered guest
haha what a MOR0N

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 242
I don't recall an officer richard head. At least in our districts or surrounding.. and i'm apart of s.o.u.l. can I have your information popo boy..

WC
Unregistered guest
sub can you check what model pioneer head units you have please.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4462
yea ill check tonight, and kystatepopos, if your actually wanting seriel numbers, since i know this isnt a cop, but if it were i would be glad to show you

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8214
I'd go with a single RE MT quad-coil 18" sub
fire it straight up, in an aero-port box.
tune the enclosure to about 65Hz
give it all four brutus amplifiers.
put in a strong front stage with another amplifier, and spend the rest on sound deadening the car, and upgrading the electrical system.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3584
Subfanatic, FYI, at 100db, 15mins of exposure will cause hearing loss. At 115db, I think it was 5mins. You can see what'll happen at 140db right? Unlike muscles, if you damage your ears, it doesn't heal back later. It's permanent. Hearing is one of the senses in life that you don't want to lose early.
I would've thought you start with SPL first, and then get sick of it, and go with SQ. Not the other way around.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 248
yea Isaac, I started with spl and now i'd give everything on my profile(or trade page ) for a single w7, some dampener, and an amp to power it :-(.. lol

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3592
Hey Sub quick question. why would you want to run all of your amps at 1ohm? is it so that you can buy those garbage hifonics amps that claim to have a power rating that they could never touch unless maybe at 75% THD? You draw the most current at low impedence's because of the fact their is little resistence. You are better off running better amps at 4ohms and having cleaner power. Everyone try's to do everything the cheap way in here and its rediculous. I understand if you only have a set budget of $500 and all you want is a little more sound in your car but when talking about going for all out SPL you better first of all do better then a set of 10's and much much better then Hifonics. I am not saying 2-10's wont get loud given the proper installation and power set-up but why get 2-10's when you can fit 2-12's if you are going for SPL man the more surface area you can get the better. I would run a pair of Kicker 1200.1's, PPI art series a 1200's or a 600's or US amps de 1000's or a few orion 2250SX's something along those lines stay away from garbage unless you want to have to keep dealing with garbage!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3594
Hey Justing if you dont have the money for the JL w7 their is better subs in my opinion for much much cheaper then the w7. Try looking into the RE XXX, ID max, those will both give you great SQ with plenty of slam to boot.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3585
Justin, you're going in the right direction. Once you get a taste of SQ, and I mean real SQ, you never go back to SPL.
Sub, you will be disappointed with cheap amps.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4464
guys, im not planning on keepping the hifonics, its just for now, and i have been thinking about it and i might run 2 12 inch MTS with 2 on each of course facing me, and save up more money and bu 4 kicker kcx 1200.1s or 2 kcx 2500.1s, james read my mind, but also i would love to run just the 18, but its just to hard to install, it would never get done in my car. But justin, ill give you my w7 for all the stuff in your pro lol

Silver Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 905
just make the box inside the car it can be done..Hey Steve meade has 2 18's in a honda civic so i KNOW for a fact you can get 1 18 in a neon:-)

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4467
hmmmmmm, then maybe ill go with an 18 inch Mt with 4 hifonics

Silver Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 116
Get this put it in a monster ported box get something to push it and call it a day lol ) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5790629444

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4469
actually im highly considering buying that!, should I?

WC
Unregistered guest
Yo sub did you check what models hu are the pioneers?

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4471
yea right now im wiring one to be mine lol. the other one is poopy but i got a pick of it for ya

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 293
i would look into shocker sigs, cause im sure they would give that mt a run for there money not sure on the dd though, but if you get the shockers you won't have to buy as big of amp i think there rms is like 1800 watts im not sure but i no its way under 3000, and as i said before 2 10inch shocker sigs in ss box in a mustang hit 156 so if you get a 15 or 18 i bet that would easily hit 160 in the right box.

Silver Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 117
I thought about getting it to. Put it in my gals Saturn Vue need lots of power though would need to upgrade buncha sh!t. Or in my Integra thats about same size as your Neon. I would need to ugrade my Alt and get a few bigger amps and another batt heh. But I had planned to upgrade anyway.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4474
i jsut offered the guy a 1000/1 for the sub

Silver Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 118
Think about it this way

1. Its only $500 and the other are gonna cost more to perform for the equal.
2. Most of the other companys dont warranty subs of that calibur anyway so either way you cant really loose.
and 3. if you can trade all the better.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4476
exactly, i need to get ahold of him
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us