Alpine is awesome

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 119
i am sure everyone has seen the pics of my system already so i won't post anymore unless someone asks. But now that i have had it for a week, i have realized that it is the sh!t. Since i posted my pics, i have added a layer of dynamat extreme. Two type r 5x7's in my front doors, and an alpine mrp-t220 to power them. That is on top of my 12 inch type r's, powered by a mrd-m1005, and a cda 9855 head unit. I think i could challenge anyone on here in both spl and sound quality. it is very loud and sounds unbelievably good. Let your opinions fly!

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 330
ive seen the pics of your system and i admit that it does look cool and it should hit hard and sound good but idk if its just me but it seems to me like you think that your system is the best..its very good but you paid too much for it..179 each sub? 700 dollar box with 700 bucks i wouldve bought somehting like a XXX..made a box myself and still would have had money left for some nice speakers

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 239
im thinking about getting that 9855 head unit what do you think about it or do you think thier is a better one for the price?

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 121
i think there is prolly a better one for the price, but i still like. But if you did a little research, you could find a better one.

quickshot, 179 a piece is not too expensive. OH, you are prolly one of the many people on hear who buy stuff used of the internet, well i don't, i like to have a warranty. I don't think it is the best, the box was too expensive. I am just saying, i am very happy with it. It is very loud, and the sound quality is amazing. Better than most around where i am from, omaha ne.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 275
Juston,

What you have makes a lot of people jealous. There are people in here that have built a box or two, maybe more for some. The thing is. They think that they can build a better box, sound wise or esthetics wise. Personally, like I said before in the other threads, that is a nice job. I have built many boxes in 17 years. Some were ghetto, because people just wanted loud, or they got so excited that they didnt want to invest in esthetics or take it to the next level. They were so gung-ho because it was many times better than anything they ever had before. When dealing with uneducated/antsy people, there will be termendous amounts of pain where you either have to smack them so hard that they snap back into reality, or just have patience and ignore them.

IMO I think your system is awesome. Let the HATERS drewl. I can't say that that box is the best in SQ or SPL, because there are other speakers out there that have batter specs that make up either SQ or SPL. Box design counts for a lot, but so does the motor and everything else about a speaker.

I would enter it in some competitions and or shows. Have fun with it. Just remember, there is only one first place. When it comes to the best, the fight gets dirty.

Silver Member

New York

Post Number: 244
I wish i could show you guys a pick of my box that got stolen, it was even beter than Justons but i didnt take a picture. Ill show you guys what an asthetic and well built box looks like when i finally get motovated to build my new one. I agree with juston that alpine is pretty good for the price.

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
im sorry if i came across like i was hating or anything because im not and i know their is no way i can make such a nice box..and i do understand you wanting a warranty and stuff...just wanted to make sure that people didnt see me as comming across like some kind of hater or anything....

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8198
nice system. were it me, I'd consider replacing the 5x7s with a set of 6.5" separates in the front in kick pods for a better front stage.

if you want a challenge, I'd be happy to compare for SQ or SPL, or both.. but you'd best put down some money before stepping up for that. Otherwise it's not really worth the time involved for me.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3167
Lol. Honestly Juston, your pretty cocky for just having a couple Type R's...

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
haha you messed up glass.... XXX vs. Type R wtf thats a massacre

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8200
well he said anyone on the board didn't he?
it's not like he had any restrictions..

besides, I don't even have any rear fill speakers! I'd probably lose

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3169
Yeah, he has 5x7's. He'll crush anything else in the sq department...

Silver Member

Post Number: 333
damn you guys are mean lol..sh!t ill challnege him with my 9500...just as soon as i can afford 1/0 gauge wiring..actually a quick question is 0 guage thicker than 1/0 gauge?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3172
It's the same thing, sort of. Here's how it goes:

4 gauge
2 gauge
1/0 gauge
2/0 gauge
4/0 gauge

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 253
ill challenge him with my 3 15" Compvrs anyday

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 165
"nice system. were it me, I'd consider replacing the 5x7s with a set of 6.5" separates in the front in kick pods for a better front stage."

I agree, and since you seem to like alpine, I suggest the Type S components. Better SQ components than the Type R's IMO and very good for the price. I just auditioned some vs. a pair of Boston 6.5's. I can't remember the model, however they were quite pricey. I enjoyed the Type S's just as much if not more.

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 122
i considered the type s's, i liked them becuase they have a rotating tweeter, but in the end i got the type r's for the same price as the type s's, so i took the r's,to match my subs. I don't think i have the best system. but it looks good, is loud and sounds good, for 2 grand, i'm pretty happy, and everything is alpine. I did the dynamat this weekend, and i like it. I have some video and some pictures of it if anyone wants to see.

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 286
sure

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4416
juston id consider going against you in spl with my w7 and eclipse ti or in sq with either of them, you choose lol

Gutttt
Unregistered guest
Juston, I dont have my system done yet so maybe i shouldnt talk. But i've seen your pictures on almost every thread on this site. Its getting a little annoying. Now you say you dont think you have the best system but whats this mean???

"I think i could challenge anyone on here in both spl and sound quality. it is very loud and sounds unbelievably good."

Last time I checked that means you think you have the best system. Like I said, I dont have my system done but you come over as UNBELIEVABLY cocky and way to proud of what you have. Me myself, I would rather put 100 bucks into building a box than go out and blow 700 on just a box. Do you realize what else you could have bought with that money?

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 290
I have worked in sales.

"Price is only a concern in the absence of value".

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4420
gutt, the rule is like 90percent install, 10 percent equip, the install is what he is impressed with so much and his system does look very nice. so in his mind he did not blow 700 bucks, but in yours or mine he did becasue i know icould have built the same thing for myself if i wanted to put forth the time and effort. i Really am sick of people bashing him for the price he paid, money is just materialistic to make people happy, this has obviously made him happy, so his money WAS WELL spent

Silver Member

Post Number: 336
people arent bashing him for the price as much as the fact that he just has some Type R midlevel subs and he thinks he has top of the line sh!t and posts the pics all over the place..a box that costs more than your subs is like a car that has rims that cost more than the car to me...rediculous

Guttt
Unregistered guest
haha....very good point quick.....and I dont agree with you Sub....700 dollars is insane. I dont know about you guys but I work for my money. I try to get the best deal I can, even if its 50 dollars cheaper. But hey, blow your money how you want to ....more power to ya.

Oh by the way....i am tired of seeing the GIANT pics of the system on every thread

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
"people arent bashing him for the price as much as the fact that he just has some Type R midlevel subs and he thinks he has top of the line sh!t and posts the pics all over the place..a box that costs more than your subs is like a car that has rims that cost more than the car to me...rediculous"

His box was nicely done by a professional. It's a nice looking enclosure, honestly. Looks can be pricey especially when you're paying someone to do it. Labor's not cheap. Also, last tmie I checked plexiglass is very pricey especially if it's 3/4". The fact is, half the people that thing they could have made this enclosure, probably wouldnt have had it looking that good. Just because you've made some sealed boxes for your buddies audiobahns, doesn't mean you're good. This is not to everyone, as I know there are some people on the board that could make a nice custom enclosure. All in all, if the guy's happy with his system, then to HIM..it's money well spent. That's all that matters afterall right?

Guttt
Unregistered guest
Actually the whole point of this is that he first said in the very first post that he could take on anyones system on this site. Which first of all is unbelievably cocky and unbelievably stupid. Does he not know what some people have in their vehicles?

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4426
gutt, lol he is a begginner, lets let him have his fun, im sure his system is really nice, i know i hate when people bash on my system, so i sure he doesnt like it either, he is happy, leave it at that pleae

Username: Rmzracer

Bentonville, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 8
yeh that is a little high on the subs but do ur thing man. Im not gonna bash on n e ones stuff because its really pointless. But i just ordered a type r for 123 shipped. i hope it sounds good

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 478
hehe juston il give u a run for ur money I love alpine to.. just upgraded to some 12" type x's.. i need another mrd 1001 though .. if i cant find one il prolly sell it and buy 2 of the 1005's.. gotta sell all my stuff now 2 type R's 12" 05'models, 1 15" type R 04' model, 1 MRD-m1001, 1 MRD-501, 1 jl 500/1 all the equipment is pretty much new :, jl is brand new replaced under warrenty.. and yeh the type R's sound great.. get them in a small sealed box for some good sq

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 499
Mark S....email me at rtc0420@yahoo.com .....im interested in your '05 type r's and your mrd m501. shoot me your price in the email...thanks

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 484
e-mailed u

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 485
trade u for a mrd m1001 ;)

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 123
I know i have midlevel subs, but that doesn't matter. I once had a friend (well actually still do), but he had the cheapest system i have ever seen. You remember kicker impulses. He had 2 12 inch kicker impules, a sh!tty mtx 250 what amp, and a box that we built out of particle board. A cheap sony head unit, and that is it. He took it to a db drag racing competition, and took first place. He hit 139 decibles. With kicker impulses. It don't matter that much what you have. Alot of it is the type of vehicle it is in, and the quality of the box.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 708
lol i praise justons box...i know il get bashed 4 this but im not a fan of the type r's but juston...kickin box man.

do me a favor and send somen pics and stuff 2 my email
danny__keen54@hotmail.com theres 2 underscores between danny and keen

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
"Alot of it is the type of vehicle it is in, and the quality of the box."

Correct, but a box made from particle board isnt exactly "high" quality.

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 125
i know, but it was airtight, and the perfect size, and for gods sake, two kicker impulses hit 139 db's.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3570
You don't want to challenge Glasswolf in audio competition. Trust me. He has one of the best. I too don't have rear fills.
Since you said you have everything Alpine, I too can meet your challenge.
Alpines make good HUs, but their amps are not worth bragging. Take the amp you have, and call Alpine for detailed spec. Don't say I didn't warn you.
I have not found 5x7" speakers that could out perform 6.5" components. You say your system is loud, just what kind of numbers are you talking about? Bad music can make any system sound louder than it really is.
Anyways, instead of challenging people, just be happy with what you have. It is a good setup.

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 127
What is so bad about alpine's amps? Have you owned a MRD-M1005, or any of this years amps? Or last years amps? Have you owned any 12 inch type r's. Has anyone talking down on type r's ever owned them? Be honest when you answer. Because if you haven't, how can you say anything except that you can't comment on they because you have no experience with them. I will admit that i have no experience with some of the subs you guys love, such as RE, which everyone says to be the best.
Glasswolf, what kind of system you got, do you have any pics? I bet 6.5 component speakers are alot better, but i work construction, so having speakers mounted right by the floor is not really an option because sometimes i have to put some tools on the floor in the front, so i needed to keep them in there original location. I don't think mine is the best, I just think most people couldn't tell the difference between my 2000-2500 dollar system, and someone who spent 10,000. It honestly sounds really good, and is very loud also. I don't have any numbers yet. I am getting it tested for spl on the 23rd of july. The place that put it in is letting anyone come to there shop and get their system measured for free. Believe me, i will let you know when i find out. Anyone have an estimate. I am hoping at least 140 db's. You think this is possible. I have never had a system i owned measured, so i have no idea.

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 129
Also, isaac, what detailed specs are you talking about that i should ask for, surely you know them since you say they are bad. You have warned me, but let me know what specs to ask for. I have the book that lists all the common specs, but what is so bad about it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3574
Juston, ask Alpine for specs such as, SN Ratio, Slew Rate, Damping Factor, Bandwidth, Freq response, Xover, useable power without distorting/clipping, THD, and channel separation if stereo. I'm sure there are more, but those are some that I remember.
As I said before, you have a good setup. Nothing to be ashamed of.
As for your statement about $2000-$2500 system and $10,000, depending on the installation, you can tell a difference.
I'll give you an example. Lot of people have equalizers and xovers in their cars. Those not configured properly will never sound as good as the one tuned for the car's interal acoutics.
If you have some extra cash, get a parametric equalizer and RTA. Then adjust it properly to your car and listen. You will hear significant improvement.
Now if your speakers were installed and adjust correctly, you will also gain great sound and imaging. You won't know that until you hear it for yourself. Some cars have great SQ but no imaging. This is why SQ is not as easy as SPL. Things have to balance.
Lot of systems will sound good at low volume, but you won't find too many that will accurately reproduce the sound without distorting or tainting it at high setting.
Best way is to listen to a live concert/band and then using high quality CD, play it in your car. That is what I do for testing.
One last thing, imaging is very very important in SQ competition.

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 132
my head unit has a parametric eq but i use the graphic eq. Is parametric better, i have never messed with it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3576
For SQ setup, yes it's better. You will need RTA to set it properly. Using human ears is just too hard.

GumboShrimp
Unregistered guest
"If you have some extra cash, get a parametric equalizer and RTA. Then adjust it properly to your car and listen. You will hear significant improvement."

Whats RTA btw thx.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 389
parametric will allow you to adjust a crest of a wave that looks like -- and spread it to ---- or vice versa. you can tell the difference just tuning it by ear. but i agree with juston, rta is a great place to start, then you can adjust it for personal listening from that point on. i'm in the process of doing that exact same thing come the end of this week (if this install finishes on time).

Gold Member

Post Number: 3577
RTA = Real Time Audio spectrum analyzer.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 390
like isaac said (not juston). my bad

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 179
so how much did u spend juston...just curious...

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 135
on what, everthing

Silver Member
Username: Msully701

Connecticut US

Post Number: 214
can you buy a RTA?, also do those subs he have beat L7's in SPL? I have a pair and everyone who has sat in my car said they never heard anything bump so loud

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 136
na, they wont beat L7's in spl, i have personally heard 2 12 inch L7's in my buddies explorer. They are louder. But not by much and they don't sound nearly as good. Of course his are underpowerd, he just has one of the kicker 1200 amps. The L7's are louder. They don't sound as good.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 570
Since people wanna talk about systems, i will take mine over so POS all alpine system anyday. I have DLS Iridiums 6.2 components powered by a Zapco Reference amp, and soon to arrive 4 RE12's powered by my Zapco Reference 500.1, and last but not least, my HU is a Nakamichi CD-400. I have symblink wiring for everything.

Silver Member

Post Number: 353
damn chris still cant believe you got rid of those TDXs them things are nice...but i feel u not being able to afford an amp to power them

Silver Member

Post Number: 571
The main issue was not cost, it was upgrading of car wiring, alt, and other modification needed. Money was a factor though as well. By selling the tdx's i will make money and have a louder system then i had. I paid 308 for the 4 RE's and maid 325 for just the one TDX. I will let you guys all know how everything turns out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 358
yea i feel you im having trouble scrapping up enough money for 0 guage wiring..(dats when you know im poor) :-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 574
get a credit card like me. No, wait on second thought, DONT!!!

Username: Jenna2

Fairbanks, AK USA

Post Number: 6
Juston~

I don't know anything about car audio, but you were definitely taken for a ride on that $700 box. Seven-hundred dollars could have bought you a whole lotta booze and women. Given the choice between the two, I'd take the booze and women. ;)

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
hahaha i agree with you 100% jenna

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 500
you people need to give up on the whole "$700" box thing....yes its alot, but he has heard that over and over and over again.....and if he doesnt have the skill to build it, he obviously couldnt find it cheaper(or didnt care to look). hes happy with it and thats that. everyone is so quick to dump on his thread....hes happy...end of story...now juston....they might have forgotten you paid that much for it if you didnt have to brag about spending $2500.00 in every other post.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 398
I would LOVE to see pics of this grandiose system. must have missed it.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4463
gthey are in the thread, pics of your system mike.

But Juston, im willing to compete with you, you choose, sq, or spl, then or both, and hell, ill let you pick any of the subs i have to, i know ill take you in spl with 2 12 sony p5s, might do it in sq to lol

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 495
why do u even own that sh!t? i saw your list far to many sonys on there

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8213
yes you can buy an RTA and a termlab mic, but you're looking at spending about three grand for the setup.
easier to rent time on someone else's RTA at a shop and have the EQ tweaked.

hey Juston has a chance.. I mean come on now.. my car is 40 years old, and the amps are like 15 years old. It's all ancient.. what sort of threat is that? Let's be fair.. my three amplifiers weigh 15 lbs a piece, are 2 feet long, and only put out 250 watts RMS x 2. He's probably got me beat for power, too :-)
He's got all the new alpine bling! I like alpine.. I was an alpine dealer for years.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3588
Don't get fooled by Glasswolf's "old" amps. They are beasts or more like "wolf" in sheep's fur.
They are not only powerful, they also produce very clean SQ.
My Orion amps are rated 100w rms x 2.

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 79
Juston.... My system is not that loud but I have no problem to compete within SQ with you....

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 406
hey juston. thet's a pretty nice setup. it's certainly something to be proud of. i think that the folks here would just rather you be a bit more humble w/your presentation is all. i can tell you horror stories of things that happen out of boasting or being too proud of material objects. one day they are here and the next..well let's just say that EVERYBODY likes nice things, not just those who own them.
that is the first install with the new type R's i have seen. very nice setup. how much are you pushing into each one?

Bronze Member

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 80
My stuff really old too. instead of using 2 EQL, I really love to use 4 EQT like Glass, but no space for my CRX. Looking for 2 DQT to replace my EQL..

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 407
i was going old school w/my processing too. just sold my rf epx2 w/28band eq. got the alpine pxa-h701 instead. couldn't deal w/the 12db/slope xover and minimal inputs.

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 137
Your really thing you can compete with some sony's?
Mickechec9, i have an mrdm-1005, the sheet that it came with says its output is 1052 watts rms. So a little over 500 rms per sub.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8241
see?? Juston's got tons of power!

nice system though, all joking aside. turned out nicely. pro install or do it yourself, the finished product is what people see.. not all the time put into it or who did it. you'll have years of enjoyment from it in any event

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 138
thank you glasswolf

Username: Mysteryxheart43

Post Number: 1
i have 1 10inch apline type E subs with a rockford 900 amp, is paying the difference to get type R's worth it?

Bronze Member
Username: Usnavy

EVERETT, WA US

Post Number: 26
I am getting my system installed this weekend and I would challenge you in a sq comp. I have only 1 eclipse ti 12 powered by the same amp that you have only 1000w to 1 sub, a pair of focal utopia 165w, powered by a Alpine MRV-F545 and the 9845 deck. Ill will have pics for you all next week.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4485
juston, unless your hitting oer 145 dbs with your 2 subs, yes i would beat you in spl with 2 sonys,

Bronze Member
Username: Shea88

Cartwright, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 55
juston, dude your right alpine is the ticket, i recently jus purchased the cda-9855 and its awesome, i also am sporting 2 type r's mine are tens though, im running them at 1 ohm on my kenwood kac-x811d ( wud like to upgrade to a mrd-m1005) with 2 6*9 r's and 2 5*7 r's. Sounds amazing and pumps incredibly good. Alpine has done a great job with all there 2005 models, especially the new r's......Alpine = Absolute Ticket

Bronze Member
Username: Shea88

Cartwright, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 56
juston, dude your right alpine is the ticket, i recently jus purchased the cda-9855 and its awesome, i also am sporting 2 type r's mine are tens though, im running them at 1 ohm on my kenwood kac-x811d ( wud like to upgrade to a mrd-m1005) with 2 6*9 r's and 2 5*7 r's. Sounds amazing and pumps incredibly good. Alpine has done a great job with all there 2005 models, especially the new r's......Alpine = Absolute Ticket

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 294
i don't know if i would beat you at spl but i'd challenge you in sq with my 2 15inch aa atlas and a mtx 801d. im not saying my system is the best but for a little over $600 in everything i think its pretty good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3618
Glad you guys like it. It's good to see you guys didn't purchase Sony.
FYI, if you ever come across PPI Art series or PC/Orion HCCA or SX amp, try one out. Just when you think you've heard the best possible sound from Alpine, it'll surprise you.

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 139
subfanatic, i don't know what i'm hitting yet, getting it tested on saturday, but if you hit 145 with some sony's, i better get 145 or better.

Silver Member

Post Number: 459
i seriously doubt your going to hit 145db just because subfanatic can hit 145db with lower quality subs...subfanatic has alot of experience in building boxes and he can probably make anything real loud or sound good if he put his time into it

bigyellowtaxi
Unregistered guest
juston dont pay attention to the haters theyre just jealous cause you have money and are able to spend 700 dollars on a box while other people are barely able to buy a system.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 297
LOL he spent more on his box than i spent on my entire system!!!

Bronze Member

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 82
Well.. Isaac. I don't really see many people here using PPI Art Serie, PC/Orion, A/D/S and also MB quart, Focal comp. or any name recommended by Glass... So how they're really enter for the SQ competition ???

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 140
Quickshot, you think that a company that will charge 700 dollars for a box don't have experience. They spend alot of time on it, from 9 a.m., to 8 p.m. With more than one person working on it. That is not just building though. They game up with a design that i liked, i want to be able to remove it sometimes, that is why it isn't more custom than it is, you know like "built in", or whatever, like some peoples.
Also, how old are you subfanatic? I am sure you have built alot of boxes, but i don't think you are that old, and there is no way you have more experience than people who do it for a living. I too have built many boxes, but i am only 23, this is why i paid someone else to do it. I make plenty of money to pay for it. Unfortunately, i have to work everyday to make alot of money, that is one reason i couldn't built it. I just don't think that just becuase subfantic thinks he is a pro box builder, he can make some low end subs be as loud or sound as good as some medium-high end subs.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8288
yes its worth going from type E to type R subs.
big difference going from entry level to high end with alpine.

Winn, a lot of reason for why people don't often use the stuff I name off is due to price or availability. I tend to lean toward high end stuff, and some products that are older and hard to find.. so it's not within everyone's budget and I accept that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 480
yes glass you reccomend those high priced items...if someone wants help with that cheap sh!t they can ask me because i stay broke i always reccomend the cheap stuff LOL

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8290
well, he was asking in reference to SQ competition gear.. I can recommend cheaper stuff, but I wouldn't compete seriously with it.. not in pro circuits anyway

Username: 2k5ef

Post Number: 4
Juston quick question when on ur 9855 did u buy the amplink or do we even need one

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4489
Justin im 17, what does age have to do with woodwork? Just because someone has more expierience never makes them better. hell, tiger woods became pro in 1996, and there were people pro, WAY before him. but are they better? no.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8303
sub, I'm sure Tiger is better now than he was in 96. HIS experience has made HIM better.. His experience doesn't make anyone else better though :-)
Experience brings wisdom. We learn from our mistakes, so as time goes by, hopefully we learn and get better at what we do. That doesn't make everyone equal based on their experience though as you said. Some people just learn faster or have mroe natural ability than others.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4497
lol see glass, i sat here for like 10 mins trying to think of somen and your a $$ comes and says it no sweat, i hate you! lol. jk, but yea i agree that we do learn from out mistakes, but who can say that a begginner will always make more mistakes than an expierienced one

Anonymous

I would have to add that enviornment plays a role as well. Tiger was raised to play golf period. And that has to factor in aswell. If some kid was raised around tools and electronics he will have an easier time then someone that was not I would think.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3622
Tiger reminds me of Venus and her sister in tennis. They were forced by their parents to play.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4501
haha, well my dad was a carpenter before he died

Bronze Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 94
So does that mean you were destined to be a good box builder? lol

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8319
no, he's the next Messiah!

Bronze Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 95
Praise the sacred cow!

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 143
sub, i work with wood almost everyday and vinyl. I could have easily built a box. Just like you. I did not want to though. A person who does is as a profession, most likely will do it better, they are not in a hurry to get it done, like i would be. They take there time, you know, perfect cuts, countersunk screws, and all that good stuff that we all know should be done, but are in to big of a hurry to do. Or maybe that is just me.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 884
I know I would be prouder of something I built myself even if it didn't come out as good.

Silver Member

New York

Post Number: 250
wait, they couter sunk screws then carpeted it?

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 144
well, then build your own box

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 145
Hey, i have built many boxes, and if i am in a hurry cuz i just want to built it and see how it sounds, i don't bother to countersink, or carpet, just cut, then screw it together, caulk it, drop in the subs, put it in the car and go.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4503
well justin, im not like you, i take my time with every box, usually lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 492
Juston i disagree with you..i think if your making something for yourself people usually tend to be more careful and perfect but if your making it for someone else you rush and forget somethings so you can get paid

Silver Member

Post Number: 587
I didnt read every post on here, but juston if you can build good boxes then you have to be even more retardead then i had thought previously for paying 700 bucks for a freaking enclosure.

Do you usually waste your money on such stupid things???

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 648
This forum is here for help, not bashing. What people do with their money is their decesion.

Congrats on your system Juston.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3628
If you have enough money to buy things vs making it yourself, then good for you. The only reason why I build things myself is, in Canada, you have very limited choices. You either overpay for some cheap product from CrabbyBuy (BestBuy) or spend some time and make something better.
Either way, if you're happy with the result, then that's what we're all after.
GlassWolf if I'm good at lot of things, does that make me super messiah? :-)

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 147
i am the opposite, if it was for someone else, i would take my time, for myself, i hurry, oh well. By the way i have spent way more than 700, on things way dumber than a speaker box. At least i will have the speaker box for a long time, I just went to the casino last night and lost 200. Nothing at all to show for it.

So yeah, I do waste alot of money chris klein. Its nice to be able to do that sometimes. I am sure when you get older you will also.

Silver Member

Post Number: 590
I really wasnt trying to be a d*ck about it, i just think that you could of done other things with your system with that money to make it even better. Peace man??

Silver Member

Post Number: 506
man everyone just chill in this thread....i was sort of bashing him before but forget about that its all good...if you have the money to spend more power to you...i do think $700 is a little bit too much but its your money not mine and your box does look cool

Silver Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 148
yeah, i could have bought a 100 dollar box and spend the other 600 on different equiptment. But it would have been a plain'ol rectangle box with gray carpet. Much happier this way

Anonymous

Chris klien you yourself need to stfu. Your bashing him for having a nice a$ $ install and your over their sittin on 2 tdx 15's selling them because you dont want to get a new alt! So you take a huge hit with tdx's so that you can get 4re 12's to run off of your zapco with your ebay prefab box. When your tdx's are much nicer than those little re's. Now everyone else here tell me whos wasting money?

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 526
wow is this post still going?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us