POLK VS Kicker

turion
Unregistered guest
Hey, I went to a little car audio shop by my house about a week ago and listened to a 10" Comp VR and 10" Polk DB. I thought both had a nice punch, I was wondering what you guys know about the subs/companies, both were about the same price. Im looking for great SQ, which would you pick??

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 282
great sq, probably the polk, i THINK the polk is geared to more of a SQ sub and the CVR as a SQL

im not positive tho

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 251
the polks are sloppy, if u want a better all around sub go with the compvr.. it will decimate that polk in every category

turion
Unregistered guest
Ya, the more and more I read reviews of the compvr, the more I convince myself I like it better- I also can find it cheaper! It sounds like you really like kicker or really dislike those polks Mike. And there must be a reason for it...thanks for the speedy replies (both Mikes).....And for the record thats my name too

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 252
i have 3 15" Compvrs in a slot ported custom box .. with the right amount of wattage and the proper enclosure you wont be disappointed, i have also heard 2 12" polks in a slot ported box and they are sloppy loud with no sq. the comps are alot more reliable as a everyday woofer as well

noname000
Unregistered guest
3 15's, that must sound sweet, sorry I have never heard much about the polks, kickers are always a safe bet tho.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us