Fiber glassers take a look

Bronze Member
Username: Hemiboy

Post Number: 64
Ok day one and I got high as a kite (from the fumes) and im ready to say the he!! with it lol. Kinda like the fumes though. Take a look at the close up. How the he!! do you avoid that? Where the mat dries and its not laying on the base.. Upload
Upload
Upload

Anonymous

It looks like some cat threw up a hairball LMAO!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
Yup, what a mess. What you see there is one gallone of resin. Its gonna take about three more gallons maybe 4. I might say fug it and make an mdf box.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 343
Is that just one layer?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
about 3 ir 4 layers. I pulled my plug and the bottome is perfect. I think Im gonna just ship it out to a professional fiber glasser. This is messy and I think I fugged it up.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 483
told u it wasnt easy dude hehe..
the fibreglass is no where near saturated enough.. u need to slop tons of that shite on with a brush and us a small roller to get it nice and flat.. those bumps and bubbles wont work so that piece is pretty much garbage..
try it again (if u want of course) do 1 layer at first so u can test methods with it( the more layers the harder it is to work) so basicly if u have afew bubbles on the first layer then u throw the next on it gets worse and worse.. u have to have a roller to make it work .. those small painter sponge rollers work good.. just make sure its all nicely saturated.. sometimes u will have to work it in with the painbrush . like pushing the end of the brush into the mat.. good to see u tried it though .. once u get it down itl go good..btw how did u lay the mat just curious? the easiest way to do it is to cut or rip 8 inch or so squares and just apply them together all the way around.. also i hope ur buyin the material at a fibreglass shop ..few more points...make sure u go past all the points of where u want to go .. u can always cut away material after.. i hope u used some sort of mold release! otherwise its gonna be fun getting that out if its strait taped to the metal.. lastly . why didnt u do the whole bottom?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
It was taped to carpet but yeah it was a biotch gettin it out lol. I ran out of resin so i couldnt saturate that last little bit. I didnt do the whole bottom because I wanted 2 seperate chambers so I was gonna do two fiber box's. I didnt have a roller DOH!!. Im gonna do a blow thru. Cut into the bed of my truck and make a box so i can go big! Screw this lil sh*t lol. Thanks bro for the info

Bronze Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 92
Yeah you coulda used some foil for a release here is a quick Tutorial its helped me in the past.
http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/proj/main/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Oh and I tried to do like 4 layers at a time lol. Man I had stuff stuck everywhere (luckily no mess in my truck) but stuck to my arms hands (wore gloves) brush, container every fuggin thing. It was an experience, I can say Ive tried to glass something. Its just not for me. I might pay someone else to do it. But like I said before I want to go big and I dont think even a glass box will do what i need it to. I'd still be limited with subs due to mounting depth. I think I want to cut into the bed of my truck and build a mdf box that can house 2 15" solo x.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Thanks DD

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
This is what Im going to end up doing.
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/forums/topic.ten-id-152732-s-blowthru_in stall_pics

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 712
aye...will any fibreglasser do me a favor and make me a viddeo tutorial on how 2 fibrteglass lol, and send it 2 me through the mail il pay 10 bux lol
email me for details danny__keen54@hotmail.com thats 2 underscores

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Nix the solox Going to go with eclipse ti 15's. i might do one for noe then do another cut and box with another 15. ill just see what one sounds like first. I can get the box and one 15 ti for 800 bux. Ill cut the thing myself. Anyways this is what im dong Ill post pics as soon as its done!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us