Audiobahn Pro Compression Subs

Username: Cklukas

Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Post Number: 6
Are these good subs? I am interesting in installing four 10" or 12". They have good prices and are very eye catching, but of course the most important is the sound. I have never heard them and was wondering if they are a good buy.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 161
um...from my experiences with audiobahn...lets just say not the best company...how much money are one of those subs...maybe we can recomend some better stuff in yur pricerange...are u lookin for spl, sq, or sql???

Bronze Member

Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Post Number: 11
Each 10" or 12" is $200 on Sonic Electronix. Supposedly marked down from $430. This site has some very good deals. I don't really want to spend much over $250 per sub. I am also looking at Alpine's Type X subs at $250 on Pro Car Sound.com.

As for spl, sq, and sql. I want a system that sounds very nice and can be heard down the block. Something in the middle of all these to create a nice balance. Sound quality and noise level are equally important. Hopefully that might answer your question. Thanks for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 114
definitly go with alpine. I have two 12 inch type r's. They get very loud, and also sound very good.

Bronze Member

Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Post Number: 12
Thanks I keep that in mind

Silver Member

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 168
hey if yur lookin for sql(which is about 50 50 on the sq and spl)...i would look into resonant engineering...adire audio...eclipse alluminum...all three companies have subs that are WAY better than the audiobahns...

resonant engineering- ww.reaudio.com
adire audio- www.adireaudio.com
eclipse- www.eclipse-web.com

heres some suggestions...for resonant i would look at the se(overall good starter sub...without starter sub sounds...lol) or the sx(the sx does lack a bit in sq but has good spl)

as for adire audio...if ya have the space...look at a pair of tempests(150.00 a piece/older models)...or some shivas(125.00 a piece/older models)

and for eclipse look at the alluminum series or if ya want to go all out eclipse titanium would do ya fine...good luck...and tell us what yur thinkin bout...

Bronze Member

Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Post Number: 14
Thanks, I looked at the three. I am looking for a more mainstream brand that I know a little about. The Eclipse titanium's seem very nice. I am looking into these more. What about Alpine's Type X subs? Are they a good sql sub?

Silver Member

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 170
well i don't know a lot about the type x's but if yur worried about the quality of the adire and re...you totally shouldn't be...adires brahma line compares with jl audio w7 line and so does re xxx(acutally a lot of people hold them higher than that)...both are amazing subs...but the eclipse titaniums are some amazing subs for the money...if it was between the titaniums and the type x's i would go with the eclipse titaniums im assumin you would get 4 of the 10's or 12's man...4 12's would really slam...make sure u got the electrical system to back this up though otherwise yur alternator will fry...goodluck...

Bronze Member

Coeur d'Alene, ID USA

Post Number: 24
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us