Component crossover

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 41
Where is a "cool" place or the usual place to put the crossover for component speakers for the front doors?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4279
Try to keep them out of the doors. They need to be in a dry place that is away from other wiring, and as close to the speakers as possible optimally. Kick panel locations work well if the crossover will fit behind them.

Bronze Member
Username: Dr_sharp

USA

Post Number: 66
Some cars have interior pockets on the doors (for maps or books or whatever). This is where i've put mine in both cars and it works quite well. You can drill a small hole in the bottom of the pocket (out of sight) like 1/4" or 3/8" in diameter and get all three sets of wire through.

Some crossovers are much larger than that though so it just depends on the size i guess.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8197
best place is usually behind the plastic kick panel fascia below the dash board, in front of each front door, or up behind the dashboard tucked out of the way and wire tied there with plastic zip ties.

that's out of the way and dry, and nobody is going to kick them, sit on them, or hit them.

Username: Blair

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 5
so is having them in the boot near the amp not ideal?

Username: Kyle_allen

Post Number: 10
Would mounting them under my seats create any problems. I have no room in my kick panels, and my dash room is extremely limited. Thanks for the help.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8255
as long as nothing snags the wiring it should be ok.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us