Component speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 40
As I understand it it doesn't matter what brand or what your back speakers are just what is up front. Ex: I have infinity 6x9 3 way reference speakers in the back I want to get some 6 1/2 component speakers up front so it shouldn't matter what speakers i get or how much power i give them cause the back speakers are just a for the rear fill?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8186
eh more or less

here
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/rearfill.html

Bronze Member
Username: Dr_sharp

USA

Post Number: 68
an interesting read but too be honest the more i read the more it sounded like a strong opinion rather than a fact.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8194
and how much experience do you have in the audio field?

sound in general is subjective, but few people will find things like the audio coming from behind them, or weak or floating stereo separation to be appealing since the human ear is best suited to picking up audio focused toward the front of the head. If that article was purely opinion, then there wouldn't be commonly accepted definitions of things like imaging, off-axis imaging, soundstage, tonality, timbre, and so forth.

The only thing rear fill is really suited to is rear seated passengers. The only reasons speakers were ever put into the rear decks of cars was due to emerging acoustics and the lack of space to put larger speakers anywhere else in a car in the 60s and 70s as radios became a more popular and important feature in vehicles. We didn't have the technology or materials we have for sound systems then that we do today, so car makers did what they could, which was to put oval speakers in the rear package shelf area to give more sound from the AM and emerging FM radio technology of the period.

what difference would it make if any of it was backed up in fact or not anyway if it proves accurate?

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 400
like glass said, though. it is all fairly subjective. there are some individuals who can't live without their rearfill. while others like glass and myself don't use it at all.
i persoanlly found the reading very informative and in accordance with my learnings. i think it would have been a lot more helpful to you before you purchased those infinities though.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 76
I prefer rear speakers so that at high volume levels the music will embrace you... take you over in a sense. Don't give me some bs about just needing better front speakers either... what I'm talking about cannot be had without speakers surrounding you. I understand the concept (though I've not heard it) but I would much prefer music that totally surounds me. It is personal preference and nothing more.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 632
Too each his own.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 423
"I prefer rear speakers so that at high volume levels the music will embrace you... take you over in a sense. Don't give me some bs about just needing better front speakers either... what I'm talking about cannot be had without speakers surrounding you. I understand the concept (though I've not heard it) but I would much prefer music that totally surounds me. It is personal preference and nothing more."

i feel all that. but, believe it or not, if you have the correct staging and processing, you can simulate that "embrace." like when you are at a concert, and everyone is playing in front of you. it's not like a movie where the speakers are all around you. they are right there in front and (in my concert experience) you still feel embraced from around, but the primary image is still coming from in front.
but what i meant by reading the article before you bought the infinities is just that they are 3ways and will define the frequencies that are supposed to be focused from up front. if you had just some midbasses, then you could still feel surrounded with your rearfill but still have a defined front stage.
i had to have my system tweeked (and a BUNCH of money) for me to believe it. up until two years ago, i was a rear fill guy myself.
good luck with your system. keep us tuned

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8249
You've never experienced a good front stage, but it's all BS because you "understand the concept."
As I stated in the article, you can use rear fill if it's filtered properly, but you don't want to run full range speakers behind you for very objectively stated reasons.

Dude, you're very misinformed, and not very educated in acoustics. stop posting now please.. forever.

you'll help a lot of people by just going away and not trying to "help" anyone again.. I'm getting tired of correcting your misinformation anyway. All you've done lately is post crap that doesn't make any sense, or is just flat out totally wrong. Stop now.
It's getting old.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 504
somebodies grumpy this morning

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8258
yeah sorry. had to get dental work done today.. I was in a really bad mood and didn't even realize it till I thought about it on the way home.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 437
ha! i can relate. had all four of my teeth pulled at once. too drugged at first, but when it wore off.. better left alone.
same w/my recent root cannal(s)(except no drugs this time).

Silver Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 133
I had a dry socket when I had my wisdom teeth takin out omg painful. Havent been to the dentist since lol. And if I do go I will tell them yank it put in a fake hehe.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8284
yeah I remember having all 4 of my wisdoms pulled at once too.. did it under anesthesia.. woke up and went home, then to lacrosse practice. I was nuts when I was in highschool. haha

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 80
LOL.. alright Glass I'll leave your forum. I thought I found a cool place to learn but all I've found is mis-information and STRONG OPINIONS. You refuse to accept the fact that 99% of car audio is personal preference and you think that everyone has to do it your way. After reading your sh*t about filters I don't think I want to hear anything else you have to say. I apologize for posting in a public forum and giving my opions (here) and FACTS (in the other thread)... keep being naive and mis-informed; it will catch up with you eventually. I find it quite ironic that you say "you can use rear fill if it's filtered properly" as you spread totally false information about filters elsewhere.

I honestly did not mean to offend anyone and did not see anything wrong with my posts... apprarently I'm the one at fault. Mybad.

-Peace

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8309
aw come on now, don't go away mad!

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us