All my questions put into one post lol

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4379
well not be hearing for awhile made me lose aloot of info lol, but i got some questions lol

1) I do not have an upgraded alternator yet, but i am getting one for my birthday hopefully, november, but untill then i wanna throw a nice battery in the trunk, what do you suggest, i can spend up to 200 bucks

2) Are battery isolaters universal, cause i bought one from pepboys and thats all they had.

3) How do i wire my front speakers to an amp located in the trunk, i want to use a jl 250/1, as of right now i have a 1000/1 in the trunk powering a jlw7.

4) DOes anyone want to buy my 15 ti lol, im looking to downgrade to a 12 or 10, i have finnaly come to terms with it being to much for my neon.

5)Can i run multiple Hu's?

6)When i get my equalizer, how does this get wired???

there are alot more questions giong through my head, ill start here though

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 319
3) what ive seen most people do is run the speaker wires that were connected to the HU and run them to an amp under the seat...if you put it in your trunk that would be a lot of wires going all over the place.
5)why would you want to run multiple HUs your speakers can only respond to one of them

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8179
1) what do you suggest, up to 200 bucks

optima yellow top and a 200A battery isolator

2) Are battery isolaters universal, cause i bought one from pepboys and thats all they had.

needs to be rated for at least the peak output of your alternator in amperes.

3) How do i wire my front speakers to an amp located in the trunk

you run speaker wire under the carpet of the car from the amplifier to the speakers. It's work, but worth the effort in the end.
keep the speaker wire away from power wires to avoid noise.

4) DOes anyone want to buy my 15 ti

sorry not I. Good sub though, just needs enough power to control it.

5)Can i run multiple Hu's?

uhh it's possible, but why bother?

6)When i get my equalizer, how does this get wired???

all depends on the EQ.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4380
thank you very much glass, and quickie, but glass, on number 5, it was just a question lol, i didnt know if there weere any advantages to it, also on number 3, if i run the speaker wire like you said, how can i get it into my door where the speakers are without the wires being seen?, number 2, i went ahead and bought a 90 amp peak battery isolator cause i still have my stock alternator, will this work until now and then eventually buy a 200 or 300 when i get a new one? cause a 90 amp batte3ry isolator be enough? a

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8182
to run multiple head units you'd need something like the sony XA-39 which switches between two head units allowing for front and rear RCAs for both. It's a pain, but you can do it. There's usually a better solution though.

you run speaker wire up the side of teh car, behind the kick pnels, and through the fender to the door gromets, then through the rubber wiring gromets and into the car doors.

the 90A is good for the stock alternator.
you may need bigger when you upgrade the alt.

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4389
oh ill def go bigger, thank you very musch glass, ill be back tonight after work with many many more questions lol, i promise you that one.

Bronze Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Ctown, -high-

Post Number: 56
sub the easiest thing i found for wiring to the trunk is to slide it under the plastic that covers over the edge of carpet by door... it easily able to be pulled back and doesnt require going under the carpet

if u have trouble finding the piece sit in your driver seat.. then look down to ur left at the floor where the door opens up at/ where ur seat is connected to the bottom/side of car

this is the "best" way becasue no1 can step through that plastic piece.. u dont have to go under the carpet.. and u can easily slide the wire through ur backseat and straight down to it so u dont need to take anything apart

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1306
i'll trade you my 12" orion hcca for your 15" Ti...

email me at JMLoughrey@aol.com

or IM me on AIM at CKYxxx2k

Gold Member

Ky

Post Number: 4412
jeff, no thank you, im looking at selling everything i have lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us