Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 168
any1 know what it is

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4397
Ordinances Can Affect the Industry; Just Ask Chicago

In 1996, the city of Chicago passed an ordinance that allows officers to tow vehicles. By 1998, the Consumer Electronics Association conducted a survey of 20 retailers in Chicago to track the effects of the ordinance. What they found is that after only two years with the ordinance in place, retailers reported that sales were off by 30 percent. The report also states that at least three car audio dealers were forced out of business because of the ordinance. This type of ordinance is also spreading throughout Illinois with the city of Elgin passing a similar ordinance last year.

"If you start getting codes that include towing, I can tell you that it will have a chilling affect on car audio sales. In Rochester (New York), for instance, some people started going back to the retailer asking them to remove stereos so they wouldn't get into trouble," recalled Eric Zwerling, director of Rutgers Noise Technical Assistance Center, located at Rutgers University in New Jersey.

sorry this is all i could find

but if anyone knows his answer, or for kentucky please let me know

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 275
in Iowa it's a screwey law, it's if the cop can "hear" you from somthin like 40ft or some odd number, and it's all on the cops perspective, all they have is the cops word that it was too loud, first offense it's a ticket, second i think they take your system

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4407
i rear somewhere that its completly illegal to take your system, also i know that where i live that a cop even with that crap has reason to search your car but is NOT allowed in your trunk without permission of a warrent, and by time they can get a warrent you can remove and stash your system lol

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos15th

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 84
lol then if they take your system tell the cop why dont they take his dam siren away they bug everyday of the hour. I think the sirens are louder than some of the systems too
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us