Accurate answers from qualified vets, please!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 98
So,
idmax is agreeably best sq sub on the market, but leaning more towards spl in baby steps - we got:
1. RE
2. Brahma
3. ?

...right?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8153
13W7 from JL
RE XXX
Adire Brahma
DD 9500
plenty of subs to choose from in the SQL field really

the IDmax is nice if ya go aperiodic and get their supplied optional membrane kits that are pre-tuned.
great for SQ

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 154
"So,
idmax is agreeably best sq sub on the market"
Not between everyone. Some people still argue that the W7 is the king of all SQ woofs. You've also got subs such as the Focal Utopia, Rainbow Vandiums and even Boston makes some pretty good SQ subs. It's really all about your own tastes. I've never heard the ID MAX personally, but from what i've heard it's defintely a top dawg in the sq department.

"but leaning more towards spl in baby steps - we got:
1. RE
2. Brahma
3. ?

...right?"

It depends on what RE sub you're referring to. The SX and MT line are most geared twoards SQ. As for the Brahma, it's not an SPL subwoofer, nor was it designed to be. It's a long throw driver designed to have great output while maintaining excellent SQ. If you're looking into Adire for SPL, look into the Tumults. Obviously the Kicker L7's and Solo X's come to mind when I think of SPL subs. However, I can't really see why you'd waste the money on the Solo X unless you've got tons of money, and want a sub stricly for burps and no musicality. Incriminator audio offers some good SPL subs with their Lethal Injection and Death Penalty series. Also, can't forget about Digital Designs. They make some of the best SPL subs on the market. That's a few of the ones i could think of off my head right now..i'm sure i'll think of others. FYI, they were in no particular order.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1581
I whould look into JL 12w6v2 or the ID MAX 12 for SQ drivers. If you port either of these subs its known to have good SQL. For more of the SQL mix, dont forget the Avalanche 15 by ascendant audio. For all out SPL i whould look into Degital Designs 9500 and up and also RE MT.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 898
"It depends on what RE sub you're referring to. The SX and MT line are most geared twoards SQ."

Dave did you type it out wrong or am i reading it wrong?????

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8155
that's a typo.

the MT is strictly SPL
the SX is a good SQ sub, but due to it's efficiency and throw combined, it will produce more SPL than the XXX with a given amount of power, so it is their best SPL goal sub below the MT, which is made for nothing BUT SPL events.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
"that's a typo."

haha, correct. didn't catch that one myself.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4359
arguably i would put the idmax against thee eclipse al, w6v2, hell maybe even a w3, but of course in allllll sq, not sql or anything

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3145
The Al is accurate, but I honestly don't prefer subs with aluminum or titanium cones. You can hear a metallic sound, paper cones sound a lot better.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 152
so the sx can reach higher spl levels than the xxx

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3148
Yes, with the right enclosure and power...

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
not to be lazy, but exactly how much power needed to power the SX, Joe Smoe.
You seem to know, please respond.
Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
Glasswolf, what do you mean, "aperiodic" & "membrane kit"

please explain.
Thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
An aperiodic enclosure is a type of IB(Infinite Baffle) sub setup. The membrane, usually made from fibreglass insulation one side of the box allows the sub to move air. The amount of Fibre iunsulation determines how the enclosures tuned. The enclosure basically allows air to move freely through the back of the sub when a woofer plays low fequencies, but doesn't allow air to move through on higher frequencies.

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
up theree^

*the membrane, usually made from fibrglass insulation IS one side of the box*
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us