New sound ordinance in Florida, take a look at this...

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3142
Don't know if anybody else has posted this yet, but I just ran across it.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0713/p03s01-ussc.html?ref=aol

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 149
only 25ft...wow...some stock equipment will accomplish that...

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 832
WOW poeple are just getting gayer and gayer. Big deal 70 bucks.

"Car stereos with 2,000-watt subwoofer speakers can provide up to about 135 decibels, and the sound of a jumbo jet taking off is 140 decibels.?"

lmao thats pretty crappy for 2000 watts.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 833
Yeah I agree there should be some restrictions like
can't play loud music in or close to residential areas but all public places thats just overkill.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3143
I though the 25 feet was pretty rediculous.

Silver Member
Username: Kicker

Slave lake, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 101
"Chicago and New York City officers have the authority to impound cars, and drivers whose music can be heard from 50 feet in Papillion, Neb., face jail time."

jail time WTF come on thats pushing it to far why dont we have rights! just the complainers seem to be the ones lossing every thing just because they hear boom boom go by instead of rore rore lol

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 464
lol i liked the audio terrorism part.. what a joke

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 255
I am for it.

I don't like it when someone who has a louder stereo than I do, is blasting his overpowering my music, or traffic.

I also don't like it when I am inside my house, apartment, restaurant, etc... and a passerby drives with his system pounding and rattles the walls of the place that I am inside of.

So what if you can aford to buy a system loud enough to rattle your cars parts off. I think its offensive. Its a violation of everyone elses privacy.

I am all for quality of sound coming from a sound system, don't get me wrong.

I have built many systems. I used to be impressed with bass too. That got old fast. I built a transmission line and pounded the walls of my house many days. ThenI looked at it and thought, well? ........hmmmmmmmmm........ what about the rest of the sound spectrum. All of a sudden I found myself building systems instead of bass-subs.

I think if you have a hobby or fettish with sound systems, you should consider everyone elses space.

Heres an idea: Someone should reserve a farm outside of town (like race tracks) and charge admission for people who have systems to show them off, and blast them. It would aleviate alot of stress from the general public in dense populataed areas.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 470
i agree with u mostly .. i turn it down in residential areas.. but i mean common sometimes u just feel like cranking it ... i can see what your talking about though guys always comming in here, "i want a system so i can be herd" buying subs just so they can crank it up when anyones around and they figure there impressed by it i guess lol.. thats one thing that i really dont get , people who buy systems for the world outside of the vehicle to hear.. i know when i turn it up its only for my own listening pleasure

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 260
yeah i like to crank mine every now and then too, but i agree with respecting others privacy too. If you do the crime you should do the time!

I sat down at round table pizza one night, having dinner, and this guy had a system that was pretty loud. It was loud enough for the people inside to frown. They sat in the parking lot and pounded that system during my entire dinner. Ugh, that was enough to pis me off.

Bronze Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Ctown, -high-

Post Number: 48
hahaha i agree with all of u.. the other day i was at the sprint store and this nig( sory but he was) shows up in a p1mp'd out beetle-for some reason i alwasy find the BLACKEST black people at the sprint store-- so i think about this guy and his car
#1 its a beetle dude
#2it had spinners (fake hubcap covers)
#3it hurt my ears it was so distorted
nuf said

so he is blaring his system while im trying to get my new phone and the poor young lady is going crazy with this guy outside with his system turned all the way up giving everyone a massive headache

well to make a long story short.. i had to make the people remember that just becasue ur black doesnt mean u can bump
- so i walked outside, smiled at the guy, parked my car next to him, popped the trunk, and let it roar.. i think i might have put his transmission on the pavement

i found out he was saddly running 2 sets of those best buy systems where it has the amp/sub/box in one-- so sad that he thought he could out pound 4 10in type R in a sick box-- rap3d

but as a lesson there either needs to be restrictions or people need to learn courtesy for others- its common sense- dont play it if it will pis$ people off

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8151
faster to just walk out and slash his tires.
hahaha

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 286
that is redicilous jail time for music. maybe the law makers should be fighing real causes like iraq and sh!t instead of busting a few kids who like loud music. i have a sq car but i do like to show off with freinds sometimes and getting a ticket for that is sooo stupid. what about my next door neighbors dogs barking at 6 am and waking me up, thier laws against that? or my other neighbors mowing their lanws at night to aviod the heat.

i think of car stereo more of an art and passion. its something i enjoy to do. ive been through multiple systems because i like installs and putting everything together. i dont do comps or anything im like the fact taht im building something, and seeing results. better spl and sq are just signs that im doing this well. but just think getting a ticket for a lound system. come on!

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 261
ugh.......neighbors mowing their lanws at night to aviod the heat.

ha ha ha ha haha ha ha

What a crackhead

Oh ya and the dog barking sucks too

Bronze Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Ctown, -high-

Post Number: 55
if a dog barked around my house at 6am id set up bear traps in their yard... lol bark now bich

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 265
about 17 years ago we lived next door to an old couple that had a poodle. The old man was a smoker and everytime he smoked, or the dog needed to go piss, he would come out in the front yard.

to make a long story longer.........

He would wait till that dog so much as thought of stepping off of the grass and out of his lot, he would yell out LADY!...LADY!...LADY!... getting progressively louder every time.

I wish we could've done somethin to stop that from happening, since the old man was retired, and he didn't have a daylight scheduelle, and sometimes even in the middle of the night he would yell at the dog to come back. Believe me, as kids we came up with some pretty good punishments for the disturbance, but we never implemented them.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 378
the 25ft specification is only due to the number of arguments in court from people who were cited by cops standing within 25ft. how can a cop pull up next to you and cite you for noise violation if he is not 100ft away? hence the 25ft bs. that's my take anyway. personally, i'll gladly accept the fine to piss off a jerk abusing his athority on a major highway. get real. i mean, even when there are youngins in the car next to me or an older couple, i'll turn down the tunes. but, as long as i'm not being direspectful (to anyone but cops), what's the problem?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 461
I have a funny story about dogs too. My friends lived in a house thats next door naighbor had 2 little annoying dogs that would sit out in the fence all day and just yelp and bark at the tops of their lungs. They lived in town so the neighbors were really close, I mean the dog pen was like 10 feet from my friends house. So my friend kept complaining about it and the people never did anything about it. So they took them to court and they won. So the dogs had to get the vocal chords removed!! LOL!!! They just sat in the pen after that and tried to bark, but it just sounded all hoarse and nothing came out. LOL. That was just hilarious. Little ankle biter muts piss me off.

BTW, Mark S, that was the first thing I noticed when I read that article. AUDIO TERRORISM??? OMFG!! Get real people. FIND A REAL PROBLEM!

(LOL, apparently muts is another word you can't say on here! But I guess mut is ok??? Whatever....)

Silver Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 178
LMAO.. talk about cruel and unusual punishment.. to me, the analagy of 'if you steal something you get your hand chopped off' is relavant to the dogs and their vocal chords.. thats just weird man.. oh well, poor dogs but the thought is kind of funny..

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 352
25ft? That's not much. Honestly, they need to think about this for a minute. What about my neighbors dog that wakes me up? That's why I'm up right now. But if I complain or shoot the dog, I'll get slammed for my stereo, but wait... I don't play it when people could be sleeping... But who cares? I don't turn it up very often, and it's all sound-deadend, but it's still loud outside the car...

Also, I don't know about you guys, but what about loud exhausts? I have all custom exhausts I've made for my vehicles, but they're not REALLY loud. Here we have TONS of people that have almost no exhaust on their trucks. A 350 dualed out with Masterflow mufflers is pretty loud. I guess that's just cool, and systems aren't...

Just my .02.

Bronze Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 43
Its long overdo. Some clowns need an AszKickin when they cruise
a hood waken folks up. When it comes to stupid people, at some point the state needs to write new laws, this can be a good thing.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 316
sh!t ima have to go down to florida more often fu**ing blast that sh!t..aint my fault other people dotn have any bass...but i do think it is fu**ed up that people drive around residential neighborhoods at night blasting it...i turn it down when i get into my hood because theirs black and hispanic people that would steal my sh!t if they knew i had something

Bronze Member
Username: Hardhittinbass

Pittsburgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 27
true thats how ppl r if they want it they get it sum how

Silver Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 167
any1 know what it is for illinois

Silver Member
Username: Richierch

Post Number: 109
in texas i think if youyr heard at all from 9pm to 7am its breaking the law

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3164
Actually, in the little town I live near, there aren't sound violations. You just can't go thumping around after 11 pm, or the cops will make you go home. Other than that, they'll just ask you to turn it down.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4383
lol same here joe, but to go on what quickie said, lol, labor day weekend im going to florida, miamie to be exact, and im taking my car with my buddy and i guess ill put the w7 and the ti in the back seat windows down, see how the coppers like that!

Silver Member
Username: Msully701

Connecticut US

Post Number: 209
25 ft a stock stereo system can reach, during the day you should be able to blast it all you want, I know a lot of dogs that annoy me with there bark, my neighbor mows his lawn at 6am every weekend, I have an annoying poodle behind me that they leave outside and it just keeps barking and barking, then I have my own dogs that my sister likes to mess with them getting them barking at like 10am what is she nuts? If I had my way I would sit on my roof with a paintball gun and have target practice till they shut up or ran away

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4391
haha matthew, before i lived in walton (middle of nowhere in ky) i lived in villa hills (once voted one of the nicest places to live in the us) And my neighbor had 56 cats who liked to crap in my yard and i would step in it while cutting the grass of my yard and my neighbors (my grandma) well i guess my grand ma got sick of all our other neighbors cats and i remember one morning waking up to the sound of a bbgun shooting cats, dogs, cars, about anything that came in her sight. lol, cats dont sh*t in our yard anymore
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us