Seald box to ported

Bronze Member
Username: Kicker

Slave lake, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 95
can you turn a seald box into a ported box because i just bought a seald box and paid about $300 for it before i found this site,it seems to me you guys now what your are talking about and you keep saying ported boxes so what can i do?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 829
You paid 300 for box.......
Its possible but unless you know what your doing don't do it your self.

Bronze Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 89
How big is the sealed box? I would start anew personally.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
the box size is 51 1/4" long 15" wide 15 1/2 high
and it fits 4 12" cvr, so you figer i could or start over oh ya there is only a middle divider 2 subs in one air chamber

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
3/4 mdf

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 212
i could have built you the same box for half that.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 256
no you couldnt thrush............ not if you were in the business doing it you wouldnt.... go price out shipping for a 50-75 pound item and then consider the distance from your addressto his. Now consider the parts involved and the time involved............ think before you speak.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 469
how much is shipping for somethin that hvy?

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
i live in alberta and got it from ontario and it was about $100 bucks i guess i should of said that shiping was part of the cost. so any way can it be done?

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 263
so did you pay $200 for the box, plus $100 for shipping?

Total $300

or

did you pay $300 for the box, plus $100 for shipping?

Total $400

Silver Member

New York

Post Number: 219
mixneffect; i dint say anything about shipping i thought he had someone build it. And i definetly could build that box for 150. But of course i could buy it of ebay for 70 bucks, shipped http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5790075108&category=50569 %26, scroll to the bottom and they hav quad 12". Plus if i built it it would be high quality not shitt that doesent even devide between each sub. Why dont you think before you speak.
I was just making the observation that the box cost more than the subs in it and 300 is alot for a box. no afence to rigger. and you probly could port it yourself if you wanted to. just be sure to calculate the port length needed with you specific volume it may or may not be possible in your situation.

Silver Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 269
Actually, this is what you wrote:

Thrush
Silver Member

New York

Post Number: 212
Posted on Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 08:58 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i could have built you the same box for half that.

I don't see where you could have mentioned that because you replied with:

I was just making the observation that the box cost more than the subs in it and 300 is alot for a box.

No need to argue man, but you just don't make any sense. Besides, there is a difference between someone going all out trying to build something for less than an advertised price when they dont compare apples to apples. You re trying to build just one box using your tools or someone elses borrowed tools, without any overhead, advertising, etc...but when you do this for a living, and/or you have a business with employees, there is no way you can build for half of that and match the quality, not to mention even exceeding the quality of those advertised boxes.

When people don't think things through, they make all kinds of far fetched statements.

I m not trying to argue here I am simply pointing out facts.

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
for one i have cvr12 compvr not that jeep but not the best eather and it was $200 for the box 320 a sub but i do agree they f*ckup by not spliting i thought that was dumb of them maybe i should of told them but their the "profeshanals"

Bronze Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 42
At a little over 4 qft thats to small for a port. You'll get better SQ
with a sealed box anyway. Just stop thinkin about it and try it out.
If it sucks, than play with it.

Silver Member

New York

Post Number: 225
im sorry i just got a little defensive. I bet your system will kick asz what are you powering them with anyway?

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 107
box is to small for ported

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4396
rigger, lol, since it doesnt really seem like i got the answer out of this im not sure if you did or not, so help me help you lol, what kind of subs and how many cubic feet is the box, if you dont know give me the internal dimensions. how many subs of what type model and what size and ill tell ya, thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
so sq-spl what is the differnce is the sharpness sharper for the sq? sorry but i am old school back in the day were a sub was a sub just throw it in a box drill some holes and go well you know what i getting at. lol by the way thanks for the help and i think i will try a ported in wifes carjust not as big as mine of course. lol

p.s read the thread and you will be answerd.

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
p.s was for subfanatic
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us