Sound Dampening

Bronze Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 30
Im trying to make my Durango sound better and a little quieter (when the music isnt on) so does anyone know what brand/type of sound dampening will work best? Anyone here ever pulled carpet up on a durango or other GM truck and used this kinda stuff? I want a quality job but dont wanna spend alot. Also i dont want to hassle with spray on or paste style material. Thanks in advance!

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 821
Edead and Dynamat. As far as which is best i have no idea and i also heard of poeple using some kind of house insulation i think it was as a cheap but equal substitute but im not sure if it was house insulation.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 147
edead is good stuff for the money...look around on ebay...you can get like 240 square feet for like 200 bucks or sumthing...

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 162
second skin damplifier is some goos sh1t and has the highest heat tolerance of any damplifier mat

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8152
just for the record, a durango isn't a GM truck :-)

Bronze Member

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 36
i know, but there basically the same, construction wise.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3155
Exactly... since they're made by the same company?

I didn't know a durango was a truck at all actually. Isn't it kind of an SUV?

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 339
Durango is the SUV version of the Dakota.

Bronze Member

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 39
Yeah its a SUV....Its a dakota with a back on it basically. But seriously, who wants to say "i need help with my S.U.V."? And i didnt say that they were exactly the same or made by the same company. But its Domestic "suv" and i'd guess that most SUV's are made basicaly the same (interior/carpet/trim) wise.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3160
Yeah, as for ripping the interior out, then there's not gonna be much difference from other vehicles. It's gonna be a pain to dynomat most of your Durango, but it'll be worth it.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 340
If it is anything like my Dakota, you'll have the interior out in about 1-2 hours. My Dakota only takes about 3/4 hour to take all panels and carpetting out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us