Ported box.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 404
Ok guys I need help remembering here. It's been awhile since I've had to really deal with this stuff. I have decided to try a new box in my CAV. and I want to run round ports this time. Am I correct that the length of the port after it exits the box is not taken in account. You only have to calculate the interior (length of the port) that is inside the box.

I am thinking very seriously of running the ports all the way to the rear deck and maybe thru it into the cabin. Do you think this is worth a try or not?? You guys input would be very much appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 335
The length of the port is the length of the port. It doesn't matter whether all, 1/2, or none of it is within the enclosure.

Upload

All 3 of those enclosures would have equal ports and chambers.

Porting thorugh the rear deck has been done many times and is supposed to yield good results. Someone of Sounddomain had a big writeup on it a while back, I'll try to find it.

Anonymous

How can that be true if the ports inside the box its displacing air. Which changes the size of the volume. Look at your pics again and tell me a port inside discplaces the same amount of air as a box with the port mounted on outside. Wouldnt the enclosure have to be a tad smaller to make up for the loss of port inside the box? Think about it you always make the box a little bigger why because of sub and vent displacment.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 337
Fine, here:

Upload

Is that better?

Anonymous

Mucho Grasis Senior'
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help