Wiring 3 subs to a 2 channel amp

Bronze Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 46
What is the best way to wire 3 subs into a 2 channel amp? I have 2 on their own channel and the other bridged...is this correct?

The other thing is...I have a 4 channel amp but it doesnt have a cross over. I suppose I could buy one but would it hurt one sub without a crossover? And could i just run the power wire into the 550 watt into the 200 watt? Or would that rob power? Do you really need a splitter?

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 270
What subs and amp do you have? Do not use the 4 channel amp for the subs. Yes, you will need a splitter if your running 2 amps, but for car audio we call them distribution blocks.

Bronze Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 47
I have 3 10" Jensens. 2 are XS1010 and the other is a XS10. I have a scosche 550 watt amp pushing them. The thing is I have 1500 watts worth of subs and only 550 watts pushing them. I cant go over 1000 watt amp or it will cook my alternator wont it? I'll have to pick up a D-block if i plan on hooking up to amps. I'll probably run the 200 to some 6x9's.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 273
You an only use two of these subs for this amp. I recommend using both xs1010 and wiring them in parallel.http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/#2svcp You will need another alt if you go over 1000 watts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us