Alpine 6x9 type r

Bronze Member
Username: Mlongpre

Post Number: 17
ive purchased these speakers along with some alpine 6.5 type s speaker for the front. to power them i have an alpine f240 at 4x40 watts rms. the 6x9's are rated at 55rms. the problem i have is that the 6x9 sound like crap when i turn the volume up, they cant handle the bass its getting. i turn the bassboost all the way down on the amp and set the gains right for the speaker, but for some reason the 6x9 cant handle very much bass. i thought these speakers were decent and could handle some power and bass. any suggestions?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
any idea of why these things suck?

Anonymous

6x9's are crap for bass

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
haha yeah eh...hmm...well i figured that since they are decent speakers that they should be able to handle some type of power. It jsut makes me feel like they are cheap a$s speakers, which i didnt think they were

Anonymous

Could get some conversion plates and put 6 1/2's in there they would sound alot better.

Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 2
I think you might have the HPF set too low on the 6x9's. In most cases from what yuor describing ,that will be the problem.

Username: Carleton

Post Number: 9
How can the hpf be set too low on the 6x9's? Doesn't the hpf affect all the speakers, including the front speakers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
there is a seperate filter for channel 1&2 (front) and 3&4 (rear) and there is only one setting, im guessing its at 80hz. but still, should the 6x9's not be able to handle 40 watts rms/?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 481
the type r's are garbage this year thats why.. they cant produce much bass at all ,, step down from last years type r's thats for sure..

Anonymous

crappity crap crap
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us