Neeed help with "T" slotported box

Bronze Member
Username: Kujo

Post Number: 11
I finaly decided go with a slot ported box for my 2 10" Alpine Type Rs. My bro is coming up this weekend and wants to build it for me. He is not familiar with like port tuning or anything like that but he said if I can get him exact specs, he can build me anything. I would like to buid a T-shaped slotport 3/4"MDF box for my subs to fit in a 97 civic coupe tuned to like 35Hz or so. A tech from Alpine gave me dimensions for this type of box but when I Layed them out, the port internals didn't add up to the externals. I called back and he was supposed to send me a diagram though email, but never did. If any of you are good at making boxes and are willing to help me out please, PLEASE post! If you want to do your own specs then thats cool, but if any think you can fix what I got from Alpine, then I have a paintshop sketch version of my 1/2scale on paper. THANKS TO ALL WHO HELP OUT!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 267
H34" W21" D13"
Type: Vented Box
Shape: Prism, square (optimum)
Vb = 4.084 cu.ft
Fb = 35 Hz
QL = 6.365
F3 = 27.74 Hz
Fill = none
No. of Vents = 1
Vent shape = other
Vent ends = one flush
Av = 56.29 sq.in
Lv = 24.33 in
You need 56sq. in of port area. Hope your good with math. ;)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I don't think that box would fit in my civic... lol a bit big... haha. The highest I can go is like 18 I think? I dont know.. but here is what I got from the Alpne guy /popjpeg{148671,Upload}

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 269
I have an accord so I know what you mean. Does it have to be a t-shaped port, or can it be L-shaped

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Well I just wanted it to be centered. You know, keep it clean. :D If you could maybe sketch another desing where the port is centered, or two ports, like one on each end then I'm all ears. As long as the opening/openings are evened out some how.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 146
Two ports would require two seperate chambers. The best way to do the box as far as SPL's concerned is to use a single port and push the 2 10's off to the side. Ideally, you want the subs as far away from the port as possible

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Would that be following the same designe as a subzone box? Given the externals I have (or they can be a little more/less) can anyone help me figure out exact specs for a port design like subzone to be tuned at 35Hz?

Silver Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 180
"Two ports would require two seperate chambers."

Why?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us