Better sound quality setup

Username: Vecc205

Post Number: 5
I'm looking at getting either 3 12" IDQ d4v3's or 2 12" IDMAX v3d2's. I want excellent sound quality with the ability to still hit hard and get loud. Both setups will be in a sealed box. Will the 3 12's be around the same output as the 2 IDMAX's because if it is I will go with the 3 12's, because the IDQ's are better sound quality wise. Thanks for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 162
tough to say, what kind of power would they be receiving in each possible setup? If you really wanted to get serious about it, calculate the surface areas and figure out how much greater the Xmax would have to be for the IDMAXs to equal the displacement volume of the 3 IDQs.

Post Number: 6
Both setups would be powered by 1 Phoenix Gold t1200.1

cuspid fo life
Unregistered guest
get max power brotha! all youll need is 500 watts max, and their sound quality will make you wanna slap yo mama, in a good way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

LMAO yo you funny.

Post Number: 7
How are Resonant Engineering subs compared to the Image Dynamics? I was looking at their SX series and SE series.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 548
You would be underpowering the IDMAX's quite a bit with that amp. IDMAX's can handle 1000rms each. The IDQ's are rated at 500rms each, so you would only be underpowering them by about 100 watts apeiece. I would say go with the IDQ's if you wanna stick with that amp. If you wanna get a new amp then go with the IDMAX's.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 549
From what i hear, the SX's are more of an SPL sub.

Post Number: 8
It comes down to either RE Audio SE's or Image Dynamics IDQ's. What do you guys think?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us