Getting ID Comps , a quick question.

Bronze Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 67
Ok I decided to go with th CXS62 Chameleon Components. I was gonna use my USD wave guides but I couldnt get them to fit just to darn big. Im curious if I should run separate eq's to each 6 1/2 and tweet I want to get the best sound possible out these speakers. I will be using a PPI PCX480 to run them. Is there anything else I could add to help with the staging? Also where about should I mount my tweeters I have a space between the dash and door handle will that work ok? Heres a pic similar to what I mean. http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/3000-3999/3713_3.jpg

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1556
Hey jay, i got the ID comps cxs62 from sounddomain and im gonna install mine soon and run them off a ppi white art 300.2 / I will let you know how it sounds. I will try and find a place for the tweeters. YOu can also mount the tweeters on the midranges if you have no other options.

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 75
Mine should be in Thursday but I first have to find a way to run my wires through the door. The stock speakers and locks and stuff all run to a plug then to the rubber connection between door and body then to another plug. The only thing I can think of is either using kickpanels or drilling through it but that means possibly taking the door off which would be fun. I could splice into the factory speaker then splice again on the inside after the other plug. I dont know they use dinky wire on those factory setups. By the way I changed my title I like DareDevil cause all my buds said my DD looks like the DareDevil sig hehe So I been telling them yeah thats my DareDevil. Its kinda cool think I will get a DareDevil Decal on my Back window with Digital Design in small under it. I would really like to know how it goes specially on that Art Series I been debating of switching to those my self.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1559
I will definetly make a update once i get it hookedup man. By the way which DD sub do you have ?

Alfonso Reyes
Unregistered guest
CHAMELEON COMPONENTS? MAN I SAW THOSE ON SALE AT CIRCUIT CITY THE OTHER DAY IT WAS LIKE WOO HOO PARTY TIME BABY, VROOM VROOM!

THE PPIX6400 IS BETTER BUT ITS HARD TO FIND IN STORES, I BOUGHT ONE FOR $2500 MAN 600 WATTS PER CHANNEL JUST ABOUT LEVELED MY NEIGHBORHOOD ESPECIALLY SINCE ITS A HYBRID TUBE-DIGITAL CLASS P AMPLIFIER.

ROCK ON!

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 76
Alfonso you must be smokin cause I have never seen any Image Dynamics in a Circuit City or PPI for that matter. Think you need to get your brain examined may have Dain Bramage. I have 2 DD 3512's but im only using 1 at the moment I got the 2 at a good deal so I couldnt pass it up.

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 77
Upload
Upload
heres a pic of the box and the 1 of the subs this is my test box I made to see how it sounds. Its pretty good think it needs to be tuned lower its 2.65 cubes tuned 40Hz at the moment cause thats what the site suggested.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1568
Thats right man. I was about to get that exact subwoofer. Thats pretty cool. We have similar tastes.

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 94
Hey Mo are you enclosing your 6.5's? Or do you know if they are suppose to be?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1588
Im just gonna put my 6.5's in the stock location and put speaker baffle on them and see how they sound and play with it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us