What should I get...

Bronze Member
Username: Nocc1n

Louisa, VA US

Post Number: 14
Alright, i've got a lot of trunk space in my car (40w * 40d * 16h) . I want a lot of bass, and some good sound quality. I've got around 600 to spend on the speakers (2 12's or 2 15's) and 500 to spend on the amp... I want a LOT of bass lol. What should i get?

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 256
lot of bass, and don't care about the SQ?? easily Kicker L7 15"s, but im sure your going to want somthing that won't quit on you after 3 years and sounds decent so RE XXX,IDmax,JLW6v2,theres somemore i can't think straight right now

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 257
as far as amps stick to-
PPI(older models)
Interfire
Zapco
Xtant
JL
Kicker
JBL(some)
RF(decent but overrated)
pretty much anything thats a big name in car audio will be good but try to get those amps at the top of the list

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
You idiot mike! PPI is overpriced garbage! Get JBL!! It's prolly good for the price.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 142
hey mike just lettin ya know...my buddy bought the rockford fosgate 1000 watt "power series" amp...and its rated to put out 1000rms @ 1 ohm...and the cea2006 spec sheet thing(which gives out no bull crap readings) said they benched it and it put out close 1543 watts RMS @ 1 ohm...to be honest the power series amps are way UNDERATED...and thats y i switched from my hifonics amps to the rf power series amps...my new 1000 power series amp is the same as his and they benched mine and it put out 1486 watts RMS @ 1 ohm...so...i think yur wrong on the power series at least...

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 697
man for the subs get maybe a 12 inch Orion H2, and mayber the hifonics amp that puts out 2200 watts.....trust me its good, u can find em both on www.woofersetc.com

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3140
With 500 hunderd bucks the last thing I would buy would be a Hifonics.

As for the PPI, the new stuff isn't nearly as good as their old school amps. PPI PC and Art series amps are great. PPI is now owned by Directed Electronics, and has slightly gone down the tubes, along with Orion.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 699
joe...u do have 2 admit that hifonics is good 4 a budget

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4348
yes it is danny, but micheal, i believe mike is refering to the past couple years, but this year they were trying to make it up to the public and underrating everything severly, so please dont try and argue with mike lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us