What Amp for a Alpine SWR-1042d???

New Guy 12
Unregistered guest
I really need help figuring out what amp to hook up to one 10" alpine type r sub. I don't want to spend that much money but I need enough power. Also what is the difference between 2 and 4 OHMS?

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 206
you need an amp that will put out 500+ rms @ 2 ohms. SOme expensive amps would be JL audio a better amp for the money would be JBL 600.1 or an MTX model amp. HOw much are you looking to spend because i have a bearly used JBL 600.1 up for sale?

Bronze Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 100
alpine mrd-m605

New Guy 12
Unregistered guest
i was looking to spend $150 or under.

Does anyone have any opinions on:
1. Boss C700
2. Bazooka EL 1500

Will they work??

Bronze Member
Username: Vaio

Post Number: 69
how do you have your Sealed & Ported Newguy 12? I got 3 SWR-1022D i whant to know what is best. And i an amp to i was going to get a Jl 1000/1 and 500/1 what you think?

New Guy 12
Unregistered guest
I don't have mine sealed or ported yet. I have no clue what amp to go with because I don't want to spend that much.

Anonymous

you have such a great sub (alpine type R) and you only want to spend $150 on an amp. Makes no sense dude.

Good sub should be coupled with at least a good amp or an amp which will keep up with the sub's demand. JL, MTX, Pioneer (Premier Series), RF, Kicker, Alpine are just some examples. There are more expensive ones but no point in dwelling in2 that at this stage. But stay away from Boss, Bazooka or those low end stuff (power claims are overly rated).

btw get a monoblock amp with at least 500 true RMS @ 2 ohms. Your Type R would be dual 4 ohms wired in parallel to give you a 2ohm load. You should be good to go.

New Guy 12
Unregistered guest
Would an Audiobahn A8002T work with my sub??

Also I don't understand what you mean by "wired in parallel to give me a 2 ohm load."

Anonymous

hhmm..not familiar with Audiobahn. Cosmetics looks great but not so sure about performance wise.

for wiring look at: http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=1+woofer&WoofImp= Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2&image.x=12&image.y=8

New Guy 12
Unregistered guest
Does the Audiobahn A8002T have enough power???

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13487

Anonymous

nope. Those Type R can THUMP hence needs more juice. I'm saying this becoz' that Audiobahn's only about 200 true RMS.

Get a dedicated monoblock instead.

New Guy 12
Unregistered guest
can you give me a few examples of monoblocks that would work with one Alpine SWR 1042d???

Anonymous

MTX thunder 4501, Alpine MRD-M500 V12 AccuClass-D Mono Power Amplifier, Kicker KX600.1, JL 500/1, RF Punch 6001bd or JBL GTO601.1 II.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
New guy 12 i was going for a Jl 500/1 i got SWR-1022D

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
I going to get it because this is a great sub and i whant to work at it best Get a ture 500RMS amp

Silver Member

New York

Post Number: 207
for the price of that jl amp i got two alpine type r's 1242 and a us acoustics 1000d amp and a box. There are lots of amps that put out 500rms that will make the alpine type r's sound nice so dont buy overpriced JL. Buy the way my JBL 600.1 will be louder than a jl 500/1 :-). Good luck with your search.

Silver Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 104
why is yours louder?

Alfonso Reyes
Unregistered guest
HEY BEWARE OF US ACOUSTICS AMPS, I BOUGHT TWO LAST YEAR AND BOTH EXPLODED WHILE I WAS DRIVING OVER BRIDGES, MY CAR WAS IN FLAMES AND HAD TO BE RECONSTIUTED AND RECERTIFIED BY A BONA FIDE REMANAGERIAL FIRM, MAN THAT WAS REALLY EXPENSIVE.

JL AMPS ARENT BAD THOUGH ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING HOW CHEAP THEYRE GOING ON EBAY BRAND NEW FULL WARRANTY, MY SISTER BOUGHT ONE FOR SIXTY FIVE BUCKS.

Silver Member

New York

Post Number: 209
I havent had any problems with this us acoustics amp i think they had a problem with thier usg series or something. Ive looked all over and rairly is thier a problem with US acoustics amps so maybe you had a wiring problem or something because they made real good stuff.
My JBL is louder cuz it puts out 600rms instead of 500 @ 12.5V and like 700@ 14.4 unlike the jl that will always put out 500. It is good to have an amp that has more than enough power to power your sub i have found especially for my type r's.

New Guy 12
Unregistered guest
Does the Audiobahn A8002t have enough power?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
400 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
800 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms

Good for 2 subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
Kenwood KAC-8152D RMS:
RMS Power: 300W x 1 @ 4 ohms
RMS Power: 550W x 1 @ 2 ohms

500RMS 10 type R 550RMS the amp i think that this will work very good.
I need a 1500RMS AMP FOR My 3 1022D type R
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us