RF subs : 2 P3s vs. 1 T2

Bronze Member
Username: Rovin

Post Number: 29
RF (2) 12inch P3 = 500rms X 2 = 1000rms
RF (1) 15inch T2 = 1000rms

Boxes for either sub will be ported to fac specs & space is not a major issue . Want something totally SQL & NOT SPL , from what i gathered from reading this forum is that i should get a better quality sound having 2 subs than just 1 - correct ? . Should also be noticebly louder with 2 P3s due to larger cone surface area & box too , right ?

Did notice that a single T2 cost about $150 more than 2 P3s .

Please do NOT recommend another brand as i do intend 2 use RF .

Need some feedback from the more experienced members who have actually installed these & heard them .

Also i need to get an idea at what rms rating generally do a single sub NOT sound too musically accurate eg 800,1000,1200,1500rms - meaning does above these benchmarks makes it a more SPL than SQL sub ??? . I not refering to any particular brand or sub shape ,mind you .

... thanks in advance !

Bronze Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Ctown, -high-

Post Number: 42
follow a very old rule of thumb- 2 is better than 1

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 116
"from what i gathered from reading this forum is that i should get a better quality sound having 2 subs than just 1 - correct ?"

Not at all. Sound quality isn't determined by the number of subs you have.

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
"follow a very old rule of thumb- 2 is better than 1"

Where'd you pick up these rules at? That was never a rule of thumb.

Bronze Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Ctown, -high-

Post Number: 44
dave- no offense - but do u even know what ur talking about- at least i gave him an answer- it may not be "the" rule of thumb - but in this case it is-- those 2 RF would outperform the one--based on the fact of surface area of the two subs would outweigh the 1 15in sub he would ahve more air being pushed for louder sound wave resonance--

so yes i think that sound quality is determined by the number of subs in this case- whereas it all depends what kind of subs ur dealing with- which you forgot to mention

also y dont u give the kid a tip seeing how you can throw mine out the window?

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
"dave- no offense - but do u even know what ur talking about- at least i gave him an answer- it may not be "the" rule of thumb - but in this case it is-- those 2 RF would outperform the one--based on the fact of surface area of the two subs would outweigh the 1 15in sub he would ahve more air being pushed for louder sound wave resonance--

so yes i think that sound quality is determined by the number of subs in this case- whereas it all depends what kind of subs ur dealing with- which you forgot to mention

also y dont u give the kid a tip seeing how you can throw mine out the window?"

Actually, everything I said was correct. Read up and listen sometimes, you might learn something. If YOU knew what you were talking about, you would know that more surface area does not always equal LOUDER. His vehicle and enclosure will have a lot to do with which is louder. I don't like misinformed incorrect information, which is why I correct what I see wrong. I've written in too many threads explaining how every vehicle varies and there is no certainty as to what will be louder! Now, do you even know what you're talking about? I think not. Oh..no offense btw.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 298
get the single T2 ive heard the T1 and it sounds way better in my opinion than the P3s and the T2 should be better than the T1 also this makes it more simple

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2548
I'd go with the T2.
You're not actually losing that much more surface area over the 2 12's, and sense they'll have the same amount of power, no real difference there either.
The Power line is a better line than the Punch... period.
Just make sure to put it in a nice well-built ported box, and it should pound.

water
Unregistered guest
The 12'' T1s aint bad
but
The 15'' T2s are out of this world
Punch I hate, I heard the P2s and P3s
I would go with the T2 15 and when you get more money add another

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
If your taking the same brand subs,then i would take 2 over 1 as well.Just cause you get a more solid hit.Unlike 1 sub thats trying to pump all the base. One 15 would be nice if you have everything in you car powered.If everything is powered get a 15.If you dont get the two 12's. Me personally being a Fosgate Dealer i would rather have 2 p3's.

Watts
Unregistered guest
At what price can you let go a t30001bd amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Rovin

Post Number: 32
Why would a single 15' pound harder than 2 12s ??? - THEY ARE THE SAME BRAND & = SAME RMS .All of you who said that have you actually tried/done it ???.

All variables like type of car , interior , electronics to ower them etc ARE THE EXACT SAME so that's not an issue .

Would the top 10 post guys give me an experienced tried & true answer - like GLASSWOLF , JONATHAN , ISAAC etc

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
"Why would a single 15' pound harder than 2 12s ??? - THEY ARE THE SAME BRAND & = SAME RMS .All of you who said that have you actually tried/done it ???.

All variables like type of car , interior , electronics to ower them etc ARE THE EXACT SAME so that's not an issue .

Would the top 10 post guys give me an experienced tried & true answer - like GLASSWOLF , JONATHAN , ISAAC etc"

The subs mentioned in this thread are DIFFERENT SUBS. If they were the same sub, and you had the right amount of space to house 2 12's ported, then sure the 12's should get louder. Is that what you were looking for?

water
Unregistered guest
At what price can you let go a t30001bd amp?

that was me I sighned watts lmao all I could think about was 3000 watts when i posted hahahah

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
Cash talks. I could prolly found out. Anyways 2 P3 12's > 1 15T2...I have heard the difference in the same vehicle between 2 p3's and 1 T12. I was way more impressed with the p3's.

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
My face prolly talks also. Sorry, forgot to say that.

water
Unregistered guest
yea see how much you can get the t30001bd amp for
1 guy on here claimed he could touch it for 950
needless to say obvious he was full of you know what

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2566
www.sonicelectronix.com used to sell it for around $1000, but they quit carrying them. The T20001BD was only $700 something.
I'd love to have a few of them.:-)

water
Unregistered guest
there was just another guy on her talking about
it was 950 and when i calld him on it he couldnt deliver how much can you get it for?
Rockford said it was 3000 watts nominal power yes!

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2578
Yeah... its a bad a$$ amp, thats for sure!
I'm wanting to say that its around $1100, but not sure.

water
Unregistered guest
yea find out fo rme taylor

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
Nice how someone added after me.lol!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us