Good place to download music.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2535
Just wondering if anyone knows/uses a good place to download song/complete albums?
I know there is limewire, and Kazaa, or how ever you spell it, but I've used/know people who have used them, and have gotten viruses. Not a cool thing.
So, if anyone know a free/viruses free place I'd apretiate it.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 157
I used ARES and it worked pretty good...i dont know right now coz it's been a while since last time i got somethin from it.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 199
Morpheus!!! woohoo. You can go to www.mp3shits.com no thats not a typo. www.morpheus.com virus free p2p software.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 289
i use www.bearshare.com and ive never gotten a virus..well at least not one that i know of

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2537
Lol, I checked out that mp3shits.com and I couldn't figure it out, and it just tried to take me to other websites that wanted you to pay.
I'll check these others out though.

Anonymous

I use Azureus

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 202
you can only dl new music for free. if you want old music your going to have to dl morpheus or bearshare.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2538
KK, I make all kinds of CD's. Old school, to the stuff they don't even play on the radio... which brings me to my next question.
Do any of you know if they have kind of like underground music on any of these sites?
Like chopped and screwed music, Slim thug/Chamillionaire/mike Jones tipe of stuff?

Silver Member
Username: Richierch

Post Number: 103
do not use bearshare--i had it and got so much spyware its insane

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 203
No they just have popular music most of the time. I get most of my underground stuff from morpheus.

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
Ares.....type in Ares in google and click on the first link that comes up.

Anonymous

I use Azureus Bit Torrent and then go to a site like ISOhunt.com you can find anything there just about. p0rn, games, movies etc. all for free!

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

Burnett, WI United States

Post Number: 138
emule plus for that underground music~

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2542
Hmmm, I def don't want any viruses... my comp already runs slow as it is, I don't need viruses slowing it down any more!
I'd say the majority of the stuff I'll download is kind of underground stuff. I don't like listening to songs that get plaied on the radio every 20/30 minutes.

Bronze Member
Username: Xbranman

Chattanooga, TN United States

Post Number: 48
limewire is good www.limewire.com

Silver Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 168
Try this for free anti-virus ... http://free.grisoft.com/doc/Get+AVG+FREE/lng/us/tpl/v5

I use Kazaalite for mp3's. Just the same as Kazaa but no spyware.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2543
I know some people who have used that, and I'm pretty sure they've gotten viruses from there, but can't be too sure. He also looks at a lot of p0rn... which is a good way to get a virus or 2.:-) lol
Take a look at the bottom of heer... the Google adds, is any of these the ones you're talking about?
Sorry, but theres like thousands of the same websites... just trying to rip each other off. They'll just put the word free infrunt, but its a completely different website.
My main concern is viruses... if you haven't already figured that out. lol

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

Burnett, WI United States

Post Number: 139
You could also go with some of the better bit torrent sites, some are good, some are junk! I like torrent leach, haven't had 1 virus or problem yet!

Bronze Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Ctown, -high-

Post Number: 43
if ur smart u would use none of the things they all listed

if u want full albums- use bitlord- download bit torrent files which transfer very fast and hold full cd's-- but can only download cd's nto individual songs- u can delete the ones u dont want though

or use ICQ-- thast what i use-- its basically like p2p on aim-- fast downlaods from *******servers****** not people-- it also acts as AIM, Yahoo messenger, windows Mesenger, etc. can play songs as well with winamp plugin-- great if u can get the hand of it and most popular and non illegal so u dont ahve to worry bout the RIAA

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2545
I'm not worried about the illegal part. I just want something safe, and free.

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 207
http://www.download.com/sort/3150-2166_4-0-1-4.html?

Bronze Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 82
For single songs... Warez P2P (you can get it from www.download.com) for albums either a torrent site or a program called DC++ which is a better version of Direct Connect... (http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net)

You will not get caught or get a virus from these programs... they are great. And trust me, I have used every program listed on here... I have like 13000 songs, and these programs are my favorites so far.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 676
win mx www.winmx.com

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2549
I tried downloading morpheus, but either it isn't working, or I just can't figure it out.

Bronze Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 19
Ive used limewire, ares, kazaa, and old napster and i think that limewire is by far better then the rest. It has faster DL's and more selection. Plus it looks better then the rest and is easier to use IMO.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2551
You didn't get any viruses?
Now I got to either figure this morpheus out, or try to delete it!

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 209
Morpheus 5 is the beta version and it's not as good as morpheus 4.9. I should have the website to it in a few minutes.

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 212
http://dl.morpheus.com/?ver=downgrade5

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 86
Just download Warez P2P, if you can't figure that out than you shouldn't be on a computer. It's easy, fast, and reliable.

Username: Bostonbum0

Post Number: 2
Morpheus kinda pissed me off with their user interface and shitty connection. The best is to use IRC on the proper channels and get it from FTP servers. It can get complicated and takes time to gain the trust of some of the jerks(I can't use A$% here?) there. An alternative that works well is bearshare LITE Kaazaa LITE Limewire LITE....Make sure whatever you download is "LITE" it will minimize the spyware and viruses you get. When it comes to pirating MP3's "LITE" is always better.

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 52
bittorrent is definetly the best. You can get the full albums without having to hunt for the songs and download them individually and some of those individual ones are messed up too. Go with bittorrent its pretty damn safe.

Bronze Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 87
Bit Comet is a better prog for downloading torrents, but I agree, torrents rock.

Post Number: 3
Problem with bit torrents is you become the host by default while downloading the file. Certain (WHY WON'T IT LET ME SWEAR!?!?!) like George Lucas has a list of at least 300 people being brought to court for breaking copyright using a bitorrent of Star Wars 3(Revenge of the Sith). The government had NOOOO problem finding these people and could prossecute them a lot harsher than simply possesing the files, they were considered distributing them as well....Just food for thought. If you don't care about how illegal it is then Bittorrents are the most efficent, but least secure(almost guarenteed no spyware and virus).

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 213
Yeah I downloaded need for speed 2 underground with bittorrent. I still like morpheus though.

Post Number: 4
http://www.boingboing.net/2005/05/24/fox_issuing_takedown.html

For info on Fox and MIAA taking down torrents, before someone asks for the sources. Also look on the same website for Torrent Groups that have been brought down by Homeland Security.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2552
I'm still dealing with the morpheus 5.0 I downloaded...

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 525
For music, SoulSeek is where its at.
www.slsknet.org

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 401
I've downloaded about 5000 songs including albums all from winmx.com best site to get music from IMO

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 402
Also if you are worried about getting caught it's a good idea to download peer guardian. it blocks a lot of the ports that the RIAA and MPAA are using to do that sort of thing

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 160
the absolute best place to download albums in Mirc but it is very complicated and if you dont know what your doing then your sh1t out of luck but i do not condone the bootlegging of music so why dont you go out and buy a cd

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2561
My CD collection is already huge!
I still buy CD's, actually, I just ordered 3 more monday.
The only reason I download music, is like I said, underground.
Chamillionaire likes to put out good songs, but not on CD's that are easy to get you're hands on.
People like Slim Thug, Paul Wall... are in too the new style of music called "screw." Its not that popular yet, so its hard to find places that sell CD's of it. Best BUY even say they have a hard time getting it.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2564
Just because I download a song, doesn't mean I won't buy the CD when it is released...
Example, Chamillionaire, and Lil Flip have a new song called Turn it up. Its an awsome song, but the CD doesn't even come out until october!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us