Did I Get a good Sub?

blankenship
Unregistered guest
New to the stereo stuff, but like it loud! Got a good online at least I hope it was on a sub called an Orion H2 that is dual voice coil 2 ohms. It is only a 10 inch but that is all I have room for in my car.

It is pretty deep and heavy sub, and was wondering, if I got a good deal and if this is a good sub, I paid about 200 bucks shipped.

Was thinking of a Hifonics 1500d amp at one ohm would give it 1500 watts or should I go with something else? Not sure if this is even a good sub but it says 2500 watts max so I may as well get as close to that as I can I guess, but don't have a whole lot more for an amp so the Hifonics seems like a good deal.....

Did I get a good sub and am I in the right neighborhood for the amp or not

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 665
dude the orion H2 is a very powerful sub...alot of peeps likes it...omg 200 bux shipped man u got a great deal

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 696
be warned the h2 has been known to have some reliabilty issues, but what else would you expect for a spl sub? :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 93
"be warned the h2 has been known to have some reliabilty issues, but what else would you expect for a spl sub?"

That, and they usually don't do that well in SPL comps. They're highly overrated.

Silver Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 111
well hes not lookin to go into SPL comps with 1 10

Bronze Member
Username: Richierch

Post Number: 96
what is the rms on that sub thats what you want to go for not the max power

Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 7
blankenship where did you get the H2 from?

Bronze Member
Username: Rovin

Post Number: 26
I read up on that sub searching for stuff myself . Orion website claims its rms is 2000 & 2500 amx so that hifonics 1500 is way underpowered .

Read somewhere too that its a good idea to get an amp about 1/3 power higher than recommended that way gains never need to be turned all the way up causing the amp run hot . So you get the idea but your amp choice mainly depends on $ , but get a good brand since its supposed to be a good sub........

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 279
Just because a sub is rated at 2000 rms does'nt mean you need to feed it the whole 2000 watts to get it moving and your gains should never be turned all the way up in any amp. My brother in law and I installed a 15" H2 with an Infinity 1210a(1200 rms x 1 @ 2 ohms)in his Tahoe and it fu(ken bumps man. I think you should be getting around the same power with that Hifonics because it is over rated. You're not going to get 1500 w rms.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 281
But, yeah man ,it is a good sub

blankenship
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info everybody and Jace I got it here : http://www.cbrstereo.com

At the time I was thinking I paid 179 plus shipping for it but maybe it was 199 plus shipping, I was ordering so much stuff at the time I honestly forget, but remember thinking either way it was a pretty good deal with no sales tax.

blankenship
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the info everybody and Jace I got it here : http://www.cbrstereo.com

At the time I was thinking I paid 179 plus shipping for it but maybe it was 199 plus shipping, I was ordering so much stuff at the time I honestly forget, but remember thinking either way it was a pretty good deal with no sales tax.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us