Infinity Kappa

newstereoguy
Unregistered guest
Hey all, I got a new (well used) Chevy Blazer that these size speakers as far as I know, 4x6 in the dash, 6.25 in the doors and 6x9 in the rear (well mid panel if you want to call it that)

I keep hearing Infinity Kappa is the way to go I really don't want to spend a whole lot maybe 300 bucks to replace all the speakers and then go for an amp, a sub and an aftermarket stereo.

Thinking about a Pioneer 860 Premier for the stereo any thought on that?

But for now, advice on the speakers I figure I am better off getting the same brand for all and I know that Infinity Kappa may be a good brand, any other advice??

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 263
The Pioneer Premier 860 is IMO the best value pioneer headunit value as it has all the features of the 960mp, but less flash...go with the .5i series (not the .7i series) so it is compatible with your headunit. I have infinity kappas and will not use anything else until I can afford a component set over $500...like focal, dls, or phoenix gold

newstereoguy
Unregistered guest
Thanks looks like I am on the right track the Pioneer 860 is greyish and matches the dash better than the 960 silver anyway

Thanks again and keep the adive coming I need it@

Bronze Member
Username: Halby

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 47
Ryan why wouldn't the .7i be compatible with that HU? Also, would I have the same problem with a Kenwood X889?

Silver Member

Post Number: 269
i have the 960mp...in the book...is says not to run it below 4 ohms...i'm assuming that goes for the 860mp as well, but I'd call pioneer and ask them personally because if it could be 2 ohm stable, it would give you a noticeable power upgrade.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 523
He's going to want to run those components on an amp anyway, not an HU, so I would worry about the features on the HU and not the power it puts out.

Bronze Member

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 50
So if I am running an external amp then the specs on the headunit (kenwood btw) don't matter right?

Silver Member

Post Number: 275
correct...if you use an external amp...then the .7i series is the way to go because it is easily powered (cheaper) because the speakers are 2 ohms.

Bronze Member
Username: Dr_sharp

USA

Post Number: 57
.7i is the way to go for sure. If you end up having to run them off of the HU just run two of them in series to get you 4 ohms for the time being until you get an amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 281
that would be a pain in the a$$ lol

Bronze Member

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 51
I will have the .7i in the front(once they get delivered) and stock in the back for monetary reasons. I also have a 12" Perfect 12.1 in the back of my SUV, which is where the speakers are. Would it be a good idea to disconnect the rear speakers for SQ purposes, or even just to save some energy and strain on my Alt?

Bronze Member

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 52
Btw, the stock speakers are crappy 5 1/2's

newstereoguy
Unregistered guest
Thanks for all the advice everybody. I did decide to go with all Infinity Kappa, got Kappa plates for the dash, Perfect 6.25 for the doors and the 3 way Kappa 6x9 for the mid panels. They were .5 but as you guys already said makes not dif as I am going to use amps to power them not the head unit. Ebay deals and I spent more than I wanted to (mainly because of the perfects) but still everything was about $400 shipped so not too bad of a deal from the retail prices anyway. Can't hook anything else up yet until I get amps but the speakers all look new and factory packed.

Am going to stick with my first choice in a head unit the Pioneer 860 MP also. Nice unit from what I have read and it is a kind of greyish so it matches my black dash better than silver does.

Thanks again every body, now I just have to decide on some amps for the sub and speakers. But, that is a few months down the road.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us