Bolting amp to box....again

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 45
Hey, I posted awhile back about bolting an amp to a box. Many people stated that the vibrations will cause components to loosen and eventually ruin the amp. I was wondering if I were to put one sub in a sealed chamber and then the amp in the middle and then another sub on the other side in another sealed chamber. Would this still ruin the amp?

ihaveasystem2
Unregistered guest
How much was the amp???

Bronze Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 46
Pretty cheap its the Infinity 310A mono amp, pretty basic for 149 CDN

Bronze Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 85
it won't ruin your amp, bolt that beeeoootttccchh down. Think about it. sitting in your trunk, driving down the road, there is plenty of vibration. especially if you live on a gravel road.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 904
Of course it will ruin it, it's not necessarily the vibration that will cause it to fail, it is the flexing of the box.

Bronze Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 86
i assure you, it will not ruin it. Jexxen Trivic. I don't know where you got your box at (maybe walmart) but a good box doesn't flex or vibrate. If your box is flexin, you need a new box.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3077
Juston, your box is gonna vibrate somewhat no matter what. Even if it's 1" HDF, there's still gonna be vibrations. You can deny it all you want, but mounting an amp onto a sub box is a stupid idea. I guess if you really wanna do it, go ahead, I can't stop you.

Bronze Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 48
Thanks for help guys, i'll just go with the mounting it under my seat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us