Is this Possible

Bronze Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Ctown, -high-

Post Number: 28
yesterday as i was playing some ball at the park a kid showed up with 4 pheonix gold 10in. subs i think they were octane vers but im not sure-- they were being powered by 2 kicker 850.2 amps-- the amazing thing about this is that it out pounded my friends 2 type x with a US amp- not sure on make-- is this even possible-- the pheonix subs were in normal q logic boxes- nothing special- any idea on how this happened? i mean that system cost the guy under 400$ he said and a Us amp is easily over that in price?? any reasons y?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 7908
yeah
the type X isn't an SPL sub, it's a SQ sub with a high excursion, like the RE XXX.
Also the other guy has more displacement with his 4 tens, due to greater combined excursion and surface area, as well as probably equal or more power total.
the vehicle acoustics will play a part as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 56
Although he may have showed you up in terms of SPL, I'm sure your friends car sounds so much better in terms of SQ. I personally am more fond of SQ in car audio than SPL, so I wouldn't have liked that guys system as much. You can get something to pound pretty easily in terms of SPL for pretty cheap if you want. SQ you have to pay for usually.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 7912
amen

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 715
glass i pulled up to work the other day with my system up and had pink floyd's dark side of the moon in the cd player listening to money and you should have seen these kids faces when i told them what i was listening to. they were all like man i didn't even know that stuff could bump. lol it was great

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 7923
heheh that's funny.
ah well.. good to know the classics will live on.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 138
dark side of the moon=great cd

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 328
Yes.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 7954
my personal favorite CD in my collection.. or at least one of the ones at the top of the list:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307%26item%3D4747148051%2 6%26

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us