Forces inside an enclosure

Bronze Member
Username: Kkmike

Post Number: 12
Can a neon light survive inside a sealed enclosure? I have a Subzone enclosure for my 12W7; it has a plexiglass window on the top and I was wondering if I could mount a small neon light rod inside. Either that or some goldfish.

Bronze Member
Username: Thespotlight

Amarillo, TX USA

Post Number: 12
The goldfish wouldn't make it be the neon light would be ok.

Anonymous

GOLDFISH!!!!!

what in the world are you thinking!!!Poor little fishes...lol

but really man...goldfish wouldnt have a snowballs chance!!!

i killed a bunch of shinners (minnows u fish w/)on my way home once...half of them died 30min after i got home....i was paying my subs and they where in the floor board in a plastic bag....

Poor lil' fishes...

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 296
dont put goldfish in a box...thats just stupid

a neon would work just have it secured down very tight or you'll get alot of rattling from your box

Bronze Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 61
use all screw hols on the neon and then some good 3M 2 face tape should do the trick run it all the way along the neon and make sure the surfaces are clean where the tape well make contacted

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
its_bacon12 wrote;
dont put goldfish in a box...thats just stupid

Chill dude, it was a joke. Besides, goldfish are kind of weak, I was thinking maybe channel cat would be a little more hardy. :-)

Anonymous

....like i said before....

.....poor lil fishes.....

anyway...i just wanna ask...where you from KKMike???

Bronze Member

Chicago suburb

Post Number: 14
I put the neon light in this weekend - works great. I ended up getting a real thin one, 6", and used nylon ties to secure it to the 12 gauge speaker wire that runs from the inside of the terminal posts to the sub. It's just enough to light it up so you can see the sub, but not too much.
I had it slamming for a few hours on Saturday, the light looks like it will hold up just fine.

Mike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us