a hammer....

ha ha ha
sum hard hitting competition woofers.
get about 4 15 inch re sx's lol

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 421
You would need to have a ported box too. Most of the flex is coming from the excesive airpressure in the car. Ported boxes move alot more air.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 624
issac...just keep ya xtants man...i would love em but im tryin 2 save money becaUSE of this idea i have when im 16 2 make a show car out of my daily driver lol...plexi box

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 422
oh, lol. I thought you already told me that you couldn't afford them like a couple of days ago... Anyway, I just thought I'd offer because I was maybe thinking of uprading to some RE's. The offer is still good if you like. Just e-mail me: alias747@hotmail.com. They are great subs and basically brand new, just have been broke in for a couple weeks and they have awesome SQ, expecially how cheap I would sell them.

Silver Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 147
It isn't difficult to flex roofs. I've seen it done with 4 10's mounted free air with 300w. Big deal.

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 144
I wouldnt like my roof to flex that's why i use extreme dynamat to avoid those vibrations....losing DB man, what is it good on having a roof that flax??

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 893
Hey Danny my lil bro is goign to do that eact thing lol. 4 15" SX's ported front firing in the back seat.I told him do 4 15" SE's ported that way it'll be loud and soudn good but 4 15's of jsut abuot anything is crazy let alone SX's::drool:: lol

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 58
"It isn't difficult to flex roofs. I've seen it done with 4 10's mounted free air with 300w. Big deal."

Yep, it's not hard at all. I've done it with 2 10's sealed and my single 15" Kicker CVR flexes the hell out of it as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Hardhittinbass

Pittsburgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 12
would the roof flex if i got 1 kicker l7 in a ported tuned 2 28hz an the whole trunked with edead j/w i dont want it 2 flex that much casue the vibration is so0o anoying

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2476
Hmmmm, cheaply made car?
Can a ported box really help that much?
I know you can expect to gain a few db's from sealed, to ported... but that much?

Bronze Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 76
isn't 3 db's = to twice as loud.
AnADIOBAHN Fan, you like dynamat? cuz i got the bulk pack coming in the mail. And i hope it makes a difference cuz my sh!t rattles bad. Daynamat is "supposed" to give you a 3 db gain. we'll see.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2479
Yes, for every 3 DB's, you have to double the power, and is close to twice as loud.

Bronze Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 79
any truth to dynamat gaining you 3 db's

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2480
I know they say it helps, but I think it verrys a lot.
It couldn't hurt...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 7919
ideally you don't want any of the metal on the car to flex or resonate. that's wasted energy that should be kept inside the car.. any time you're seeing something like that, it's just lost SPL and decreasing SQ.

a lot of that flex will depend on sound deadening, and the structural integrity of the car as well as the amount of power from the system and SPL obtained.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 7921
for what it's worth I had two 12" Cerwin Vega subs and an Orion 280GX amp driving them and used to bounce my pager across the roof of my car with that at half volume. It doesn't take that much to do what you're after I suppose, depending on the car.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 704
Some fireworks may suffice,
KABOOM

Get the picture...

Silver Member

Post Number: 705
Combusted explosion, something like that, don't know a whole lot about physics, but glasswolf is correct the SPL you what to keep it in the car, secondly you may damge the car like take the windows out, and you don't what to do that do you...

Think about it glass shattering and falling on you and the possibility of it blinding you, so don't be daft, if you what to see a wine glass shatter using sine waves and oscillating the frequency and using high speed photography capturing the details wow....

Silver Member

Post Number: 707
The US navy is 240db...of LFA

Now try and beat that one....Upload

http://www.lowertheboom.org/trice/infrasound.htm

http://www.acsonline.org/issues/sound/military-sonars/LowFrequencyAS-EIS.html

http://www.oceanfutures.org/jmc/messages/lfa_qa.asp

http://www.oceandefense.org/lfa.htm

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/138126.html

http://www.mmc.gov/sound/internationalwrkshp/pdf/hildebrand.pdf

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 311
That's some cool stuff! Whales create more DB than any known system! Wow. Glad I took the time to read that, I'm smarter now :P.

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 73
"Combusted explosion, something like that, don't know a whole lot about physics, but glasswolf is correct the SPL you what to keep it in the car, secondly you may damge the car like take the windows out, and you don't what to do that do you...

Think about it glass shattering and falling on you and the possibility of it blinding you, so don't be daft, if you what to see a wine glass shatter using sine waves and oscillating the frequency and using high speed photography capturing the details wow...."

If your window shatters, it was probably in pretty shitty condition to begin with. It takes an incredible amount of pressure to do anything to the windows. If anything they would pop out before they would shatter.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2490
Lol yup... cars now days have that new safety glass.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2491
Like when you hit the windsheeld, it doesn't just fall in, it more than likely will just spider crack.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us