Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3055
Looks nice, I just don't see how that cost $700+, and it's never a good idea to mount an amp on the side of the sub box, who's idea was that anyways??

Bronze Member
Username: Kicker

Slave lake, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 16
niceee f*ck the passengers more bass thats what i like to say

Bronze Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 55
joe smoe. Professionals are expensive. It took all day to build the box. the labor was 550 the materials 200. I wanted the box mounted there. there is nothing wrong with it. I know your going to say oh it can vibrate something loose. WRONG. the box is solid. it doesn't vibrate the amp. That what you get for 700+ dollars. a rock solid box. NO VIBRATION!

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 416
You don't think your box will vibrate?? Pfffftt.... please! BTW, that box, from the pics looks like basic 3/4" MDF. That will vibrate. Just don't say no one warned you when your amp kicks out one day.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 58
i didn't say i don't think it won't vibrate. I said it doesn't vibrate.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3059
Yeah, sorry Justin. I forgot about labor, that sucks man. How many hours did they take?

No offense, you can say what you want, but I'm with Isaac W, there's no way your box doesn't vibrate some, it doesn't look like anything special. Just MDF.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
boxes dont vibrat very much not sure why but every thing eles will but it dont mine does not vibrate and i got 4 12" and hit 136dbs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
i think it has to do with flexing mdf is a more soild of wood say then normal plywood wich gives you that hit instead of the box asorb more of the basswith the plywood flexing

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 611
Buddy im starting 2 think that box was worth the 700 sum bux by the pic lol....very solid....very tight....very clean

Silver Member

Post Number: 612
the only thing i dont like is ya chioce of subs...they sound very clean but dont hit hard enough 4 my taste

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 61
i took from 9 a.m ., to 8 p.m.
the amp is not directly on the box, there are 2 pieces of wood between the amp and the box, it does not vibrate, and the box does not vibrate, AT ALL. If you have a huge box that is like 3 feet wide in some spots, sure it will vibrate. biggest piece on here is 40 by 14. Long but not wide. it does not vibrate at all. My whole truck does, but not the box. I get my dynamat on wwednesday. that should stop the truck from vibrating so much. Joe smoe, you must use particle board. not mdf. my box does not vibrate.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 62
especially the pexiglass. you can put your hand on it when turned up loud. cna't feel a thing

Silver Member

Post Number: 615
juston...have u got it metered yet

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 64
no, the place that built it is doing it for free for anyone that wants to on the 23rd of july, so i am going then, i will let ya know for sure, hopefully like 140. you think thats possible for 2 twelves?

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 45
"the only thing i dont like is ya chioce of subs...they sound very clean but dont hit hard enough 4 my taste"

Learn how to build a proper ported enclosure, then come back and say they don't hit hard enough. I know of a single 15" Type R doin a 150 on the New TL.

Silver Member

Post Number: 621
dude ive saw a pro installed Type r in a ported box tuned 2 29 hz....dont give me a talk about building boxes dude....i might not know much but i can build ya basic ported and sealed box

Silver Member

Post Number: 623
juston u should hit at least 143 cause that is about the cleanest looking box ive ever seen

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 305
Nice install. Good and clean. I like Alpine, but I'm seeing a lot of my friend's subs starting to crap out on them after two years of use. Not the kinda sub I wanna get! Only thing I would have done different, is made everything bigger! Two Eclipse Ti's would knock your socks off in there! Thumbs up bro, go show her off!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4253
It isn't a huge problem mounting an amplifier to a box, it's just the look that turns people off. If you can hit a pothole at cruising speed and the amp doesn't take a crap on you, the vibration of the box isn't really going to cause any problems. I've seen people run them like that for years.

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 484
"juston u should hit atleast 143 cause that is about the cleanest looking box ive ever seen"
lol....you just showed exactly how much you know.

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
For sure... LOL!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
"lol....you just showed exactly how much you know"

Exactly. Please tell me you're the Rob Fox who now lives in Cape Coral, Fl.

Bronze Member
Username: Richierch

Post Number: 90
i dont know much about car audio but i do about computers and airflow...if the amp is in between the plexiglass in that small area cant it overheat.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 485
nope....im in ny

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
"dude ive saw a pro installed Type r in a ported box tuned 2 29 hz....dont give me a talk about building boxes dude....i might not know much but i can build ya basic ported and sealed box"

1. Just because he's a professional, doesn't mean he's good at it.
2. That box was tuned entirely too low for those subs if you're trying to get loud. 35-40 hz is where they really put out.
3. Building a basic sealed or ported box really isn't all that special. In fact, if you can use a circular saw and make decent cuts you can do it. Not trying to bash you here, just making a point.

"juston u should hit at least 143 cause that is about the cleanest looking box ive ever seen"

A clean install has nothing to do with how loud it gets. If that was the case people would just use aperiodic enclosuers and have super clean installs puttin out big numbers. Sorry if i'm comin off too strong right now. I just don't want people thinking incorrect information is the right information. I'm not really a dick.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 488
"1. just because he's a professional, doesnt mean he's good at it"

agreed!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
"nope....im in ny"

lol, this is too funny. I know a guy who just moved here to FL from NY named Rob Fox. He lived in Rhode Island I think. Really wierd.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 493
lol...i used to live in Naples FL.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
lol, wierd. I'm 45 min. away from Naples. Did you go to Naples High?

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 496
golden gate high

Silver Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 148
I've just Hoovered and polished my box. It's looking super clean. How Db's will this give me over my old dusty box?

I've seen rocket science on TV. So does this make me a rocket scientest?

Silver Member

Post Number: 315
REDSKIN: yes and yes! ROFL!!!

Dave: what is good for 12" Eclipse Ti's? I have them at 32Hz, but if I can tune it differently and get 'em louder, lemme know!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
I've never dealt with Ti's nor have I talked to anyone who has done an SPL setup with them. I'm willing to bet they sound pretty damn good at 32 hz though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 326
Yes... yes they do! The extension is good, and they hit pretty damn hard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us