Better box for type r's

Bronze Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 51
Is ported or sealed better for alpine's new type r's. I have a ported but was wondering if sealed would be better?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2443
Ported is better. You can get more spl out of them that way. Do you have an idea of what they tuned you're box too?

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 54
i don't know, i am going back so i can ask, i would just like to know now. Is there any way to figure it out. I have bass box pro. What box would you put those subs in. You have seen the video of mine. do you think that is a good box. I can give the dimensions if you like.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2451
I'm not a box expert, I just know the basics. Sean is the guy you need to talk too.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 57
yeah i talked to him about my old box. Not the new one though. he can't see the video. the link doesn't work for him. oh well

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 618
Juston...give me ya box volume(one chamber) and ya port demensions(also one chamber)

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 65
i think i figured it out. box volume is 4.95 port is 12x4x36. it think it is tuned to about 29 hz. what do you figure? is 29 good?

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 619
lol huh...could u give me the port shape, length, diameter and the box i need inches lol...thanx

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2455
If it is tuned to 29HZ, thats pretty low.
You shouldn't have any problems with deep bass.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2456
Heers just a fun thing too do, go too www.realmofexcursion.com
Go to downloads, and download some test tones.
Its pretty cool, if you can, download them, put them on a cd, and try them in you're truck... the 1HZ/35HZ sweep is pretty cool to watch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us