Wiring 1 dual 4 ohm VC sub to 2 channel amp.

Username: Cuey

Post Number: 1
I have a Audiobahn AW1206T 12" 1100W RMS Chrome Flame Q Subwoofer and a Audiobahn A8002T 800W 2Ch Intake Series Amp. Now the sub is dual 4 ohm voice coils and i know how to wire to 2 ohms. But whats weird is theres two sets of positive and negative terminals on each side. I'm not sure how i can put each 4 ohm voice coil down to 2 ohms into each channel of my sub for maximum 800 watt rms output. I mean am i thinking too hard or is it complicated? some help please.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 870
Upload

Post Number: 3
thats only to one channel of a amp. i have a 2 channel amp. and on my sub i have 2 sets of terminals for both sides. Upload
this is what the back of my sub would look like. But this only goes for one channel and i need two.

Silver Member

Post Number: 871
You need to bridge the amp, then. Where you use-and please someone correct me if i'm wrong-the right positive and left negative to make one channel.

Of course, that's an example, it's probably configured another way.

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
my audiobahn is the same way, it is very confusing,

http://www.kinleyhq.com/wiring.jpg

thats how its done i believe

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
damn, lol i showed you wiring it in series, lol. i believe that will work fine HAHAHA ignore me las post

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
bridge the amp, the amp should show how to bridge it, it will be the far left connector and far right connector.

however alot of 2 channel amps only support 4 ohm bridged. so make sure yours will support 2 ohm bridged if you wire in parallel.

as far as the two connectors on the audiobahn, im not sure why they are like that, but you have to have both coils attached to the same channel, cant split them up

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
Yeh jexxin is telling you wrong. You cant bridge a 2channel to a Dual 4ohm sub,the lowest you can go on a 2channel bridged is 4ohm. You need to hook your amp up in 4 ohm stereo to keep that amp.

Post Number: 4
I bridged both VC to 1 ohm in the amp. seems to work great now. just had to do some experimenting. thanks much guys.

Silver Member

Post Number: 897
"You cant bridge a 2channel to a Dual 4ohm sub..."

The diagram I posted earlier shows how to do that.

"...the lowest you can go on a 2channel bridged is 4ohm."

There are two-channel amps that are one ohm stable.

I just wasn't sure which amplifier terminals you needed to bridge the amp...

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
Id like to see a few 2 channels that are 1ohm stable.

Silver Member

Post Number: 926
http://www.speedsound.com/caraudio.asp?pg=products&grp=21&pgNUM=71

Check that out. The majority are one ohm stable. Now if you're talking bridged mode, the lowest you can go is two ohm, yes, but to quote Glasswolf, "see, whenyou bridge a two channel amp, the amplifier will see half of the actual load..." So if you bridged it at two ohms, the amp would really be seeing one ohm.

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
Wow are you ok? With a one 4ohm DVC on a 2 channel amp.You can only do 4 ohm stereo or 2ohm mono with one sub. Besides the amp he has can only be bridged at 4ohm stable. Thats the reason they see half power. So obviously were talking about bridging.If a amp wont go to 2ohm mono you can wire it to do it or the amp will burn up,or the sub will.

Silver Member

Post Number: 932
"Wow are you ok?"

Unbelievable.

Just curious, why haven't you registered?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us