Just got jacked, now Im shopping

Username: Kyptokid

Hayward, Ca

Post Number: 1
Ok here goes...

I walked out front the other morning about 0530 to go to work and notice the window had been broken out of my acura, then I noticed my roomates civic with the same problem, then I saw my 4runner! Needless to say Thank God for insurance. So I am not to worried about the acura it was all old MTX and I am getting payed to replace it. THe 4Runner on the other hand...

the insurance company said that because of the dollar amount lost they will just replace my loss's in the runner. so now I am shopping for a new amp sub combo. I don't do a lot of bass in my rides, but Im all about clarity. I am restricted pretty heavily by buying "something of the same brand name of equal value" So I will get another diamond audio 10" TDX (but now I gotta find a box for it), but now I have to figure out what newer fosgate amp I want and what kinda Ohms I want to run on this system. If that isn't enought I would like to mount it under the seat, so now I have space restrictions as well.....

Any of you fosgate lovers could you please help me???

-Me-

Its going into a 95 toyota 4runner running a 160+amp alternator with a optima red top battery a 1/2 farad fosgate cap and 4gauge monster cable

Hayward, Ca

Post Number: 2
Almost forgot here are the links to the 2 ohm and 4 ohm sub I am looking at. which one will depend on what amp I get.

Also I was previously running one of the fosgate 1500's so price wont matter, to the insurance company they are all of comparable value. deffinately need high wattage though.

http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=266&1=670&3=3139

http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=266&1=670&3=2831

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2383
Have you looked at any of there power lines?
There T10001BD, T20001BD, and the T30001BD are sweet amps, but kind of pricey though.
check out www.sonicelectronix.com good prices and good reliable company.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2384
Damn!
Never mind, they've changed stock again sense the last time I've looked.

raybsatx
Unregistered guest
soo.....what insurance is this that pays for ur system?? i havent heard of anyone bein reimbursed for their systems cuz of theft. at least down here in texas dammit.

Hayward, Ca

Post Number: 3
Minus the size and Ohms. what is the difference between these two, if any? I deffinately would rather a smaller amp.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14325

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14325

I am also trying to figure out is there any real difference between: running the fosgate 1001bd with the 4ohm TDX wired for a 2ohm load, and running the fosgate T10001BD with the 2ohm TDX wired the same way for a 1 ohm load. If I am correct it would be the same power either way, but will it be enough juice?? Is the oldschool looking punch truley 1ohm stable? and will it produce the same sound?

Any help on this would be gratly appreciated.

-Me-

And if Im not making sense im sorry I have had a long day dealing with the insurance companies

Hayward, Ca

Post Number: 4
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=451&1=452&3=3232

http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=451&1=452&3=2242

looks like I messed those links up somethin fierce I cant edit the post so I think these will work

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2402
The new RF's, the T10001BD is better in my apinion, but no, ther is no real difference.
the 1001BD isn't 1 ohm stable, so if you go with that amp, you'll need the 4 ohm dvc sub, and if you get the T10001BD, you'll need the 2 ohm dvc. BTW
You can get you're stuff insured... I'm in Texas, and all of my system, and stuff is insured.

Hayward, Ca

Post Number: 5
Thank you for the heads up on insurance I am deffinately going to look into that for next time. I really like both of these amps, but I think I might want a few more wats for that sub. do you Think 1000W would be enough or is there another fosgate option of similar size that could produce more? I like the T20001BD but it is pretty large. I really want to bolt this new amp under the seat so that there is no way it is going to be easy for someone to get there hands on it next time.

-Me-

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2412
What about a trunk... what is it going in?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2413
Hmmm, you're kind of in the middle. 1000 watts is a little low, but 2000 watts is a little high.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2414
Ok... heers you're choices,
T20001BD,
T15002BD,
1501BD
T10001BD,
or 1051S
all should power it fine, but the closer to 1500 watts... the better.

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
my insurance covers sound systems, but it HAS TO BE FASTENED TO THE CARS BODY!!!

you have to have it bolted down in most cases or its not covered because it isnt "an original part of the car"

Silver Member
Username: Msully701

Connecticut US

Post Number: 188
so why dont you just insure your system, a month later "Sell" it to your friend but just have him steal it, so you get re-embursted for your system and you actual make a sale...or if you want to upgrade your system do the same thing

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2449
My deductable is pretty fu*king expencive, and they know a rough estament of how much my system cost, so I couldn't go all out.
The thought has crossed my mind a few times though.:-) lol

Bronze Member
Username: Bananakrill

Benicia, California

Post Number: 75
That's immoral, unethical, disappointing, and depressing... if y'all are serious.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 245
lol you should do it i know this guy had $8000 worth of stuff in his truck..goes down to atlanta and gets it "stolen"..got reimbursed and he chillin now

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2462
Lol, it would be all fun, unless you got caught.
Then try injoying the system from behind bars..
I'm happy enough with my system now, and if it does get jacked, I'll be one mad sob
and not to mintion frustrated!.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 319
Robert: I could build you a box. I'm not sure if you trust me, since Subfanatic ripped everyone off. But I'm looking to build two boxes for my friends, and could build you one for a decent price while I'm in the shop. I wouldn't take your money until it was built and I had pictures of it though. Let me know.

Unregistered guest
Looks like something is wrong with my account, it said the account name kryptokid didn't exist. So I remade it and now it won't let me post because my name too closely resembles the owner of this conversation...lol.

Ok so I just got off the phone with the electronics devision of my insurance department. Here is the deal, I provide some pictures of whats left of my system. I.e capacitor, 4gauge wires...ect, and in return he is going to hook me up with the best deal he could come up with, all over the phone with no real hassle.

the new setup will be a little underpowered, but I think I can manage.

here are the links:

He is going to get me the DEH-P8600MP head unit
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13683

Two of the Rockford Fosgate T212D4 DVC 4-ohm 12"
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14214

And althought I would have rathered a little bigger amp I got the Phoenix Gold Xenon X1200.1
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14132

and I've got a $50 dollar check coming in the mail to make up the difference.

So all in all its not too bad a setup, the only problem (and that where you all come in) is that I have absolutely no room to mount this amp under a seat. I am going to build some custom fiberglass enclosures (sorry jake been shaping surfboards with my roomate for years) for the subs to bolt in behind the seats on the back of the seat. But I cannot find a good place for the Amp. I will try and post pictures tonight or tomorrow, but in the back of a 4runner the rear interion panneling is hollow wasted space, so a while back I cut them out for 6x9's and now there is no room left, I don't want to mount the amp to the floor in the truck because it will see a lot of abuse and probably be in the way. So not I am kinda stuck. IF any of you have seen any crazy solution for space issues in a SUV (sound pretty idiotic, but sadly true) Then your help is greatly needed

Username: Kryptokid

Post Number: 2
anyone?

chrisjm00
Unregistered guest
hmmm, i would say...do a fiberglass enclosure running from the edge of the top of the backseats, slope it down, kind of like a half pipe type shape...except a little steeper..going towards the hatch of the SUV. have the two subs on the edges of the box as best you can, and have the amp mounted dead center in the box.

dont know if you understand what i mean....im not that great at explaining things in words. but i have like a million things going through my head. haha

Username: Kryptokid

Post Number: 5
Ok so I think I am looking at just doing one sealed box for the both of them. I am going to shave the corners and round them all out with fiberglass, fab some kind of plexi spaced grill, carpet it all to match, then just mount the amp on top.

My question is...

Do you think if I pack a 3 Cu ft box with some hollowfill it would be enough airspace to produce a good tight sound for them sealed? the specs say 2.0 cu ft per, ported at 40 hz.

Thanks

-Me-

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 337
Should sound alright. Those subs are pretty forgiving, but if I remember right, they're mostly for ported enclosures. If you're putting them in a ported enclosure, I wouldn't give them more than 4 cu/ft per sub. And no worries about the box. That's cool your into fiberglassing, sure wish I had time to sit down and learn about that!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us