HELPPP needed

Bronze Member
Username: Guifh

Post Number: 13
Hey....I got two ALpine type-R 12".. Which amp do you guys think i should get?

___Rockford Fosgate T10001bd
or
___ Kicker KX1200.1

thxs

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 284
i would get the kicker, but either one is a nice amp

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 845
The T1000bd would have better sound and more power in my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 140
they really need something to create poll's on this forum.. lol, i think he would get alot more replies if that was the case..

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 19
"The T1000bd would have better sound and more power in my opinion"

You can't tell the difference in sound between amps when they're being used within their limits. Doesn't matter if you're taklin Legacy or Tru.

Silver Member

Post Number: 848
"You can't tell the difference in sound between amps when they're being used within their limits."

Can you rephrase this? I have no idea what you're saying.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
"Can you rephrase this? I have no idea what you're saying."

Of course. Let me give you a Scenario. Amp A is a high quality audiophie amp. Amp B is a low quality, bottom of the line amp. Assume both A and B are benched and produce the exact same power at all ohm loads. Note: This is just an example, more tahn likely this would not happen. If Amp A is playing within its limits (in other words..gains are set correctly and the amp is sending full output to your front stage, without clipping) and Amp B is also playing within its limits sending full power to your front stage...your ear could not possibly detect a difference between amps. Even if the audiophile amp was rated for a little more power and both were playing within their limits it would still probably be impossible to hear. Point being. There are not magical amps. Your amps don't make the speakers sound better, no matter how much you spent on them(I know, I know...some of you are pissed off you spend that Grand on a Tru amp that's rated for 75x4) Also note,i'm not saying there isn't a reason to have a higher quality amp. Just explaining my point.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 709
a zapco amp vs. a pyramid amp

yea i'll take the zapco

Silver Member

Post Number: 849
"Your amps don't make the speakers sound better, no matter how much you spent on them"

Have you heard the difference between a one-thousand dollar amp and a fifty dollar one?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
"a zapco amp vs. a pyramid amp

yea i'll take the zapco"

And who wouldnt? Wasn't my point.

"Have you heard the difference between a one-thousand dollar amp and a fifty dollar one?"

Acutally, I haven't heard a $1k amp, but their would be no difference in sound with each in their own limits. Ask Richard Clark.

Silver Member

Post Number: 851
This Richard Clark? http://members.aol.com/RichClark7/

There really is a difference in sound, lower bass response hertz-wise, they run cooler so the music remains cleaner etc. I would highly suggest you listen to the difference between the two with the same speaker.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
"This Richard Clark? http://members.aol.com/RichClark7/ "

"There really is a difference in sound, lower bass response hertz-wise, they run cooler so the music remains cleaner etc. I would highly suggest you listen to the difference between the two with the same speaker."

Hahaa. God no. Richard Clark offered $10k to anyone who could tell the difference between amps within their limits mulitple times. I stand behind the theory. Believe it or not there will be no difference in sound if both amps play within their limits.

Silver Member

Post Number: 852
I feel like you're getting a bit too deep with this, Dave. Cheaper amps have lower "limits" and more expensive amps have higher "limits". Of course if they had the same limits they would sound the same.

That's why it's worth it to pay more. There are real results, nothing is overrated.

To use your words,

"This is just an example, more tahn likely this would not happen. If Amp A is playing within its limits (in other words..gains are set correctly and the amp is sending full output to your front stage, without clipping) and Amp B is also playing within its limits sending full power to your front stage...your ear could not possibly detect a difference between amps."

This doesn't necessarily deal with sound, this is power output. You have to spend more to get true power output, that's why I found this contradictory:

"I know, I know...some of you are pissed off you spend that Grand on a Tru amp that's rated for 75x4"

Why shouldn't they? They're getting what they paid for.

To put the sound aspect into perspective, try to hook up two amps with the same power output, preferably a Pyle and a Zapco, to the same type of speaker playing full range sound. The Pyle will sound tinny and almost unlifelike whereas the Zapco will sound very lifelike.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us