Some installation trouble

Username: Carleton

Post Number: 5
Hi guys. I just installed the right side of the Alpine SPR-17LS component set in my car. Later tonight I'll install the left side and the SPR-69LP rears. I'm not yet using an amp, just the headunit for now. I'll order the amp next week.

But on the way to work today, I had the stereo off, but I heard a crackling noise from the new woofer in the door every time I depressed the gas pedal. It didn't occur when I was in neutral and revved the engine, but when in gear and accelerating, the crackling occured. This gave me some hope that it wasn't the speakers, but the coincidence is too much. Does anyone know what my problem could be? Thanks very much for any help.

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 45
It does seem some electrical get into your speaker.. Did you connect the speaker to the head unit ??? if not did you use the electrical tape or other thing to proctect the open wire ??

Username: Carleton

Post Number: 6
I connected it to the headunit, because I haven't yet gotten an amp. But I used shrinkwrap to protect the wires. I don't know what could be causing the interference, especially since it only happens when I'm accelerating in gear, not just revving the engine. Please help!! Thanks!!

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 47
if your head unit is off so Electrical noise is the only problem. check your speaker cable if it run together with your power line. When you're accelerating in gear, basically your car alternator will push a high current to recharge the battery and it will go thru you power line connect from your battery pos terminal go to the trunk for your amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us