Hifonics Amps true or false?????????

Username: 2loud4u

Boca Raton, FL U.S

Post Number: 10
Hey please help me with this question. I want to get the hifonics hercules amp. It is rated at 4000 watts max. I want to know if this is true and also if there is anyone with this amp and how they like it.

Thank You.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 221
hifonics amps are supposed to be fairly close to their advertised rms although they are overrated but not by much

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3553
they are highly overrated unless you buy the older stuff from the 90's

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3499
I will be bold and say Hifonics are not a good quality brand and heavily overrated, just like Alpine and Eclipes.
If you're trying to save money, then try MTX.
If Hifonics claim of 4000w or even their 1000w rms were remotely true, then it'll put Zapco/JL/Xtant/US Amps/Orion out of business.
Just as Pyramid/Sony/Boss/Lanzar/Legacy/Pyle have been trying to tell the consumers that their 1000w amps were not overrated by 50% or more, Hifonics are doing it quietly. There is no way they can produce a miracle amp that can put out 1000w/2000w/4000w for a third of the cost.
Don't get fooled. There is no such device.
Hifonics and all the BSers use the same electronic components. This is why their advertising and prices are very similar.
So if you do not care about your subs, then go ahead with any of the above mentioned brands. If not, go with MTX/JBL for low budget.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3554
well put Isaac!

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

Burnett, WI United States

Post Number: 121
How high? and what is a half way decent amp to replace the power ratings with?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3564
what exactly are you asking? how high what? and what power ratings?

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

Burnett, WI United States

Post Number: 122
I have a hifonics 1500 amp, and I know it's over-rated, but my question was by how much? Like the rms @ 1ohm is suppose to be 1500watts, I know darn well it isn't moving that.

The other question is is there any amps out there that are more mid class for price, hifonics takes the business away with their ratings, and price wise, so what is an amp to replace that wattage with in a mid price?

Silver Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 141
hey isaac.. what about the ed nine.1? its $350 and people have given it good reviews for its 1200rms rating.

Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 6
HI ISACC, YOU need to Pay attention! HiFonics gets all the extra power for the GODS!!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3052
Dustin just be warned about the Nine.1. I was recommending it for a while, and my buddy has one. He hasn't had any problems, but I have heard quite a few Elemental Designs horror stories. The Nine series amps aren't built as good as some people think. I wonder why they are so cheap??? $350 shipped for a 1200 wrms amp?

Silver Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 144
well, im sure everything has its horror stories.. just like online reviews, take a site like amazon, pick your favorite CD that has a high rating, theres always people that end up giving your CD 1 star saying it sucks, and then 100 other people that love it. i mean, if you want to talk electronics.. alienware, the overpriced pc company.. i have read reviews that are absolutely perfect on them, and on the other hand, i have read reviews that are just plain horror stories. manufacturing isn't always perfect, but you don't get very far in the electronics world without taking some chances.

Bronze Member
Username: 2loud4u

Boca Raton, FL U.S

Post Number: 11
Thank you all very much. I have just 1 more question. What about the earthquake PHD5000W?? It is rated at 5000 watts max is this also over rated? Please help me.

Thank You.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3573
yes its way way way overrated!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us