Ok I Need Help With this Decision!

Alpine?Kicker?
Unregistered guest
Should i get alpine 12" swr type r 4 ohm and reduce her to 2 ohms OR the Kicker L7 12" 4 ohm and reduce her to 2 ohms. Both will be in a ported box have a hifonics 1500bx. INPUT NEEDED THANKS GUYS

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 202
alpine

Alpine?Kicker?
Unregistered guest
lol thats all u have to say lol :-) alpine cop that sh%t huh!? will it give me deep bass i want to be heard at least a block away no less

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 706
definatly go with alpine. It'll sound better. If all you want is loud bass then go with the kicker

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3002
Especially with the new Type R's, if you'd be using the same amp and enclosure type, I doubt you'd notice very much difference in loudness between the Type R's and the L7's. Just remember, the L7's have durability issues, and aren't known for their sound quality. Other than that, chose what you want. Like I said, your not gonna have a huge difference between the two.

Alpine?Kicker?
Unregistered guest
Ok so the alpine will give me deep bass or they both will sound the same.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 220
the L7 is going to be louder than the alpine but the alpine will sound way better

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 24
"Ok so the alpine will give me deep bass or they both will sound the same."

We can't tell you this. The output of your sub will really be determined by your enclosure. Put it in a proper ported enclosure tuned to you're liking and you'll be very happy.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2356
The l7 is an spl sub... thats what it is made for.
The type R is an sql sub, its made to get loud, and sound good at the same time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
"The l7 is an spl sub... thats what it is made for.
The type R is an sql sub, its made to get loud, and sound good at the same time."

Right, but like I said the enclosure will determain how loud it gets. The L7's have a tedency to snap tinsel leads, but definitely is a great SPL woof. Just because the R wasn't designed to be a SPL sub, doesn't mean it can't be used as one with great success.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2365
Exactly, thats with any woofer though. A good inclosure will make all the difference in a sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
"Exactly, thats with any woofer though. A good inclosure will make all the difference in a sub."

Indeed.

the one 1
Unregistered guest
go with the kicker and dynamat your hole car and becouse it will hit so hard .... it will make thing fall apart
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us