Subs and amp combo

Username: Headutter

Post Number: 1
My son has a 98 Cadillac Seville w/a bose delco system. He wants to add subs and an amp. He had 2 Mts subs and a Kenwood amp that wasn't enough. You could only hear it a block away. He had it in a sealed box facing the rear. The back seat is mostly hard plastic in the trunk. What can he get for great 3 block away thump for under $1000.00. I sugested he pull back the cloth and cut as many holes in the back window deck as possible and blow the speakers up in a ported cabinet.
Is it also true that say a 3" voice coil will give more thump and a quicker return than a 1"?

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 195
he can get a 15" or 18" RE XXX for about 400 bucks...he'll be heard for more than 3 blocks if set up properly

Bronze Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 84
very true then you can spend the rest of the money on a good amp to power it and a enclusure

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 547
yes david get him a resonant engineering XXX 15 inch with a hifonics brutus 1500D amp...
www.reaudio.com for the sub(i think i forgot lol)
and www.woofersetc.com for the amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
youll need something a bit more powerful..that hifonics is slightly overrated and the XXX takes 1600 watts so you should get a Hifonics Brutus 2000D(i think thye have this) off ebay then youll have about 200-300 dolalrs left for a custom enclosure

Username: Headutter

Post Number: 2
Thank you all. Keep those cards and letters coming.
He seems to think he wants two 12's instead of one 15".
Second, what about the size of the voice coil relative to the punch and recovry and blowing it staight up throught eh rear deck?

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
wtf...well i didnt get much of what you said but w/e...trust us when we tell you that he only need one 15" XXX...this will blow his old system out the water these are some very well built subs...but if he has to go 2 12"s he could just get 1 18" its around the same surface area and that will have crazy bass
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us