2 15 ported and two 12 sealed same system?

Unregistered guest
can that be done or will it realy sound like crappp?

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 13
Sure it can be done. Will it sound crappy? Yes.

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 192
stick with the same size, either go 4 12's or 4 15's, don't mix n match.

also make sure you stick with the same brand of sub, don't have 2 jl's and 2 kicker's or anything like that

Unregistered guest
i have 2 15 could i get 2 ported and 2 sealed?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3549
yes you could but why would you want to? I dont see a point?

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 667
you could mix and match just use a crossover and set different pts but 12s and 15s are fairly close to each other in what frequencies they produce. I could understand it if you had a 18 and 2 10s and wanted to hook the 10s so they handle 50hz-120hz and let the 18 handle 50hz down.

Bronze Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 79
hes trying to go for sq and spl and he thinks by doing that hed might be able tyo ahceive it

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3550
just go ported and tune within 5 htz of your subs FS and it will sound great as long as we are talking about a decent woofer here.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2999
Ported and sealed boxes each have unique "sounds" to them. You can tell what kind of enclosure it is without seeing the box, if you know what to listen for. I have a feeling that a system with 2 sealed and 2 ported would sound pretty odd. The bass coming out of the 2 sealed boxes is gonna sound slightly different than the bass coming from the 2 ported boxes. It's gonna clash.

Unregistered guest
just wondering bucouse i have tons of left over woffers from up grading

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3005
Woffers... I don't know why but that just sounds funny....

Anways, how many is a ton, and do you have a ton of amps left over too? If you are in the mood to f@rt around you should try using as much stuff as you can and see how many db's you can crank out. If they're just leftovers, why not rag on them and see just how loud you can get.

1loudlaser
Unregistered guest
Heh Back in 91 I had 6 15's and 2 10's in my '84 Laser and it sounded louder and better with just the four 15's although they were 2 in a ported box and 2 in a sealed box. Low 140's back then. I don't know what that would mean on today's scales
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us