Amps

Username: Michaela

Post Number: 1
have mtx 3202 amp running 4 polk speakers with a peak of 180. Would it be better to have a kicker 350.2 amp instead.Please help.2 speakers run of one side and so on.

Post Number: 2
I'm wanting to get 100 watts at each speaker what do i do. But want 2 channel amp.what kind of amp kicker and what size. thank you.

Post Number: 3
would a 400 watt audiobahn give me 100 watts at each speaker its a 2 channel 400 x1 or 200 x2 at 2 ohms.please help.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3545
what is the rms power of the speakers and why do you want 2 chanell not 4 chanell you will lose the ability to fade if you run it off of 2 chanell I dont know how important that is to you. If you run it 2 chanell bridged then you are gonna be running it 2ohms stereo so if the rms power is 50 watts per speaker then you are gonna look for a 100/2 at 2ohms amp.

Post Number: 5
polk 180 watts peak running 2 ohms its on a boat and can only fit 2 wires up pole. so i have to jump off the other speakers.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3547
ok if there is no other way you can run the speaker wires then I would either run only two or if you are set on 4 then run it like this. front right and rear right pos to pos and neg to neg then one pos and neg back to the amp and the same thing for the other side. just remember when using car audio electronics on a boat that is exposed to the harsh elements it is very important to keep it well protected. Also the use of marine crimp connectors with shrink wrap are crucial.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3548
image/bmpUpload
boat stereo pic.bmp (88.8 k)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us