Tsunami dual amp kit question, please help

Marco P.
Unregistered guest
I just purchased a Tsunami 4-gauge multi-amp power kit. Now this thing says it has a power handling of 1200W. In this kit there is one 4 gauge from the battery then split into two 8 gauges from a fused distribution block. The fuse right off the batt is 100 amp. Now I have one 8 gauge going to a 250W amp and the other going to a 850W amp, both RMS. My question then is does this 8 gauge limit the current draw to the higher rated amp? In other words my worry is that the 1200W rating means there is only a 600W max handling from each 8 gauge channel, instead of drawing 850 and 250 to each amp respectively, which is under the 1200W rating. Another worry of mine is that my 950W amp recommended a 2 gauge wire, even though this 4 gauge kit is rated at a more than enough power output. Please let me know if this wiring is sufficient or limiting in any way. Thanks for any help.

Bronze Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 30
Well...if the 8 gauge is VERY short it shouldnt be too much of a problem... Although, I'd recomend at least a 2, if not a 0 gauge wire. I'm running a tsunami kit (but not wired like they suggest). 0 gauge to a dist block that has four 4 gauges, 1 to the cap and a 1,600 watt RMS amp, 1 to a 340 watt RMS amp, and 1 to a 460 watt RMS amp.

You really should get a larger source wire to begin with than 4 gauge for an amp that big alone, let alone splitting it to a pair.

Seth

Marco P.
Unregistered guest
Thanks a lot for the help Seth, I couldnt get any straight answers elsewhere.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us