Curiosity question on a setup

Bronze Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 18
okay, just wondering if ever i were to have two 4 ohms subs at my disposal, lets say you have 2 amps that are 400 watts RMS when bridge in mono at 4 ohms and 200*2 watts RMS when using two subs at 2 ohms.
Now, i would wire the two 4 ohm subs in parrallel so they could be each 2 ohms and u could hook it up to one amp using 200*2 watt Rms, but is there a way i could hook up the second amp to the first amp so i could somehow get 400 watts RMS to each sub? 4 ohm's of course cause with having 2 ohm subs this is very easy. I was just wondering this if i ever got some 4 ohm subs somehow.
thankz~
~dan

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 202
Dan, if you have two two channel amps that are 200.2 and two four ohm subs, all you have to do is bridge each amp onto a sub, which would give each sub a four ohm mono load, which is 400 watts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Well i have to wire the subs either series or parrallel thus they have to be either 2 ohm or 8 ohm. I don't really have this problem i just was curious if i ever do reach upon a situation.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 283
so you have dual 4 ohm subs, not just 4 ohm subs then.....

ur better off just bridgin the amp and if u do make sure its stable down to 2 ohms bridged mode otherwise you'll cook the amp or set off the thermal protection and it will shut down

why would you want to bridge together two 2 channel amps anywez? ur best off using mono channel amps for multiple voice coils

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Yah, i'm sorry didn't clarify earlier, lets say i have 2 dual 4 ohm subs. And i already have a two 2 channel amps and those are only stable bridged at 4 ohms or up. I'm just wondering wuts the max you could get out of this setup, if theirs any way you can still get 400 watt rms to the subs(each amp is 400 rms)

I'm wondering this just cause if i ever had a prob with my subs, kicker makes new l7's and they all seem to be dual 4 ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 288
you can hook up one channel to each voice coil, i dont think you'll get the max out of it as you can but i wouldnt try bridging two 2 channel amps together to 2 dual 4 ohm subs

if i were you, i would get different subs like dual 8 ohms or single 4 ohms or just get a mono amp that puts out 800w rms at either 1 or 4 ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
yah thats wut i thought i was just wondering if everyone agreed with what i thought that there was no way to get the max power with those supplies. I know all the other setups, thats easy, i was just trying to figure out if any way with the certain stuff that i said, that was the challenge. and i didn't think that there was anyway, just seeing if there was someone on here who thought up of a way
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us