What kind of amp should I be using?

Bronze Member
Username: Kyleleduc

Post Number: 22
I just bought two infinity 1032w subs. I am wondering what kind of amp I will need to power these two subs and how to wire them. Here is the website that I bought it from with the specs of the subs. If you can let me know thatd be great. Thanks.
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13352

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Can anyone help me out here?

Audioguy22
Unregistered guest
SS VGA600.2 off EBAY.

That will give you 300 real watts of power per speaker.
There super clean and can be had for less than $200.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Thanks. But thats a specific type of amp, I was looking for a general answer. About how many watts of power should the amp be, and how should I wire it ohm wise, and how much power should each of the subs be getting. If I have two Infinity 1032w. The link to the site of the subs is up above, if you could let me know thatd be great.Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 186
you can get a 2 channel amp that pushes out 250 rms at 2ohms X 2...that would be exactly what you need to power those subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
So a 250 Watt RMS x 2 at 2ohm is exactly what I need. If I went any bigger on the wattage say Ii went to a 300 watt RMS x 2 at 2 ohm would that be bad for the subs, or mess with how they perform?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Can someone answer my question?

Username: Trent0715

Post Number: 2
i have two kciker comp CVR 12 and i dony know what kinda amp i need to push them are even how much watts i need. PLEASE HELP
i have a punch75 and a pioneer V!2 will those work

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
well 50 watts over shouldnt hurt your subs if you set your gian correctly and dont leave the volume up all the time

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
well 50 watts over shouldnt hurt your subs if you set your gain correctly and dont leave the volume up all the time

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
whoops dbl post hate wen that happens

Username: Bombaklat

Post Number: 1
I have two 12" Alpine R subs, 4-ohm. Is a two-channel amp my best or only way to hook it up? What should be my target area for the wattage into each sub? Any specific recommendation on exactly what amp would be best?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us