1.3 cubif ft for 2 Atlas 12

Silver Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 194
i went to get another box made and get my stuff installed and the guy said that a 1.3 box is too big for sealed....i told him to build anyways but what would u guys have done for these subs? im going to try diff boxes but wut u guys think?

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 665
i see no problem with it. I would set the Qts for mid with that size enclosure though.

From AA...

"These are the T/S specs for the Atlas 12 in its mid Qts setting. This alignment is recommended if you have a larger enclosure size available. It has lower overall sensitivity than the low Qts setting and requires a larger enclosure.

This setting also works very well for home and car audio setups. It can offer more extended low frequencies in exchange for a larger enclosure. Although the sensitivity is lower overall, the low frequency sensitivity is increased. Because of this, less power is generally needed versus the low Qts setting."

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3281
You dont need to try building different box sizes if your going smaller because you can stick something temporarily inside to lower the internal box volume. And if your going for a larger box size youll be ok again because you can add various amounts of polyfill to boost the size of the enclosure. The only thing is you wouldnt want to put alot inside the box at a time because polyfill will have a quick larger box effect because of the small box size. The only pain in this whole process would be opening the enclosure up. A simple solution would be a mounting plate over top of the exsisting front board of the box; that would allow the speaker to stay in its housing and then add screws to the plate. This would keep you AWAY from the speaker cone and an accidental mishap while screwing in and out. You could use a threaded device so that the wood would not be worn out from being used multiple times as well.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3282
couple that idea with the outside device you talked to me about to adjust the q settings and your all set to go.

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 195
WEll i got my install all done...wow. this guy went off putting plexiglass to cover my amp and covered my sub box with vynl looks pretty sweet i can take some pics w my phone, ill try and get them up here...my amp is a little weak though...iam uderpowering each sub by about 50 watts which isnt too bad-safe, but i can tell they want more...Need suggestions on a new amp

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 277
what amp do you have now, im going to push my atlas 15's with a mtx 801d amp, you could look into kicker kx600.1.

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 196
ya m either guna go for an mtx, zapco, or orion rite now im runnin them with a Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 so there only gettin 300 of their 350

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 279
wow chocies are mtx or zapco, zapco= very high end/very expensive, mtx= middle end/ pretty cheap, if you can afford it get the zapco, but if your poor like me get the mtx, and i guess the kicker is off the list since you already have a 600 watt amp allready

Silver Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 197
WEll ya i would go for the zapco but $ is an issue..i might just stick w wut i have bcuz its really more than enough..i was a lil over my head when i heard them at first....wanted louder but now that i tacutally take the time to listen to a song and stuff i think anythingmore will be just oo much-i dun want to get in comps or naything just good hard pounding system. Looking more into components now than new amp..but we'll c my mind may change...By the way atlas sealed=haha "THUMP" jk but they do pound
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us