What 10's should i get for my truck???

Anonymous

i wanna get some good 10's for my truck, i got suckered into buying some audiobahn 300 watt 10's a few months ago and the shop wont take em back....

they said audiobahns where good subs, but my old kicker comps and my IX402 amp sounded better!!!

these audiobahns cant produce anything under 50hz with any accuracy what so ever!!!makes me sick...

i have a JBL 600.1 on them so i know its not the amp....it souned really good on my friends 2 memphis 12's and another friends L512....

What 10's (bout 300 watts RMS each) would sound good, be able to reproduce low bass, and have higher SPL..........maybe JLw3v2's, ED K series 10's, compvrs,(i keep seeing these on this board)or something else???

i have a sub box under the back seat of my chevy truck...the subs face out...its not a downfire box....if this helps in anyway...

also i wanna get my subs on a website or ebay...so i may be about to squeeze a little more out of my $300!!!!!

Anonymous

also one other thing...my friend has 2 memphis 12's (ones w/ orange frames)...and they sound great w/ the 350watts he gives em...

those subs are way under powered and they're loud...real loud...his truck is a single cab 2000 chevy and the subs are in a sealed box...

can i get some 10's for my JBL 600.1 that will be louder than his 12's???

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 200
To sound like those twelves, with more surface area, you are going to have use high excursion subs, which get pretty expensive. Although, a square sub would be comparable in surface area to the twelve, but also the price issue. Have you checked prices in the crutchfield scratch and dent section?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 285
elemental designs makes awesome subs, especially their A series....really nice subs there but you might wanna go with a pair of the K series dual 4 ohm 10's and also, if you want to/have enough space, cerwin vega HED10SVC subs would be great on that amp, 4 of them all wired paralell to be exact. each handles 150w rms and that amp puts 600w rms at 1 ohm, just a little suggestion heh

yeah also check out some VR's and those 10w3v2's they both a nice set of subs too, just whatever you like better...personnaly, i'd get a pair of ED K series

Anonymous

I like the Elemental Designs 10K and the A's...i also like the CompVr's and the Brahma 10....

i really really like the Brahma 10...$350 each though...little out of price range!!!

I am willing to save up for the Brahmas but i dont know if a pair will sound good in such a small sealed box (.75 cu ft per sub)
Will they?????

I was thinking i could also just get one Brahma 10 and rebuild my box under the back seat of my truck to make a 1.5 cu ft vented box (minus sub and vent)....would that sound good???

what it would be better to get 2 10" Brahmas in sealed boxes (.75 cuft) w/ 600 watts each...or 1 10" Brahma in a vented box (1.5 cu ft-sub-vent) w/ 600 watts to it...

and would the one 10" brahma in a vented box (1.5cu ft)be louder that a solobaric L512 in a vented box (2 cu ft) w/ the same amp (JBL BP600.1)????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us